Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thursday 26th. What's happening in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-05-2005 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

I'm in Dublin for the IPT supersat on the 27th and I'm looking for a game on the Thursday. Doesn't look like there's anything happening at the Merrion. The Fitz website says there's a 10+R satellite. What's that one like? How many runners and can I exchange my ticket for cash?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

You are in luck Nicky! The Fitz 'big game' is on, last thursday of the month €250+20. Usually a nice big crowd, great play and big prize pool. There will be a freeroll beforehand (starting about 4pm) for tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

between thursday and friday it's gonna be a fun weekend with two big tourneys:) gonna be wrecked on Sunday. But at least I'll have made a packet after winning both :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

i think that there's also a €200 game in the Merrion on that night - but, all the cool people will be in the fitz!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

biteme wrote:
    between thursday and friday it's gonna be a fun weekend with two big tourneys:) gonna be wrecked on Sunday. But at least I'll have made a packet after winning both :P
    Hmm, I had planned to win both...ah well, I'll win on Thursday, you win on Friday, how's dat?

ionapaul wrote:
    Hmm, I had planned to win both...ah well, I'll win on Thursday, you win on Friday, how's dat?

Nah I wanna win on saturday. Final day of IPT thingy is saturday. Should be two pretty good tourneys.
    i think that there's also a €200 game in the Merrion on that night - but, all the cool people will be in the fitz!

I thought this game was once a month on the second thursday of the month? or is it every fortnight? Either way I think it's a WSOP qualifier they are running for the next one or two instead

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Excellent! I'm all over it. How many runners does this tourney usually have? I don't have to reg well in advance or anything do I? I'll try and get up there in time for the freeroll.

NickyOD wrote:
    Excellent! I'm all over it. How many runners does this tourney usually have? I don't have to reg well in advance or anything do I? I'll try and get up there in time for the freeroll.

somewhere between 100 and 140 usually

biteme wrote:
    somewhere between 100 and 140 usually

Bada Bing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Nicky

You'll have to introduce yourself this time.

Ask around as a fair few boardsters will be at both.

BigDragon wrote:
    Nicky

You'll have to introduce yourself this time.

Ask around as a fair few boardsters will be at both.

My picture is on my blog. Say hello. I got to meet a lot of people the last time I was there but not any boardsters (I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭POKERKING

ill be at the fitz too on thurs i jammed a ticket in the freeroll...anybody got any idea of the starting chips standards prizefund etc??

Advertisement