Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poker Classes

Options
  • 23-05-2005 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

As an absolute beginer, can anyone recommend a book or classes?

I'm am going away in a month with my bro and some of his mates, and imagine there'll be some card's played, so I want to learn the basic's of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

gillo wrote:
    can anyone recommend a book or classes?

Forget books. I suggest you first visit a poker website and most have a section on 'How to play' and 'hand rankings' etc.
    www.thehendonmob.com
    the above website has an interactive section detailing hand rankings and scenarios in an easy to follow way. Next thing to do is download some poker software so you can play.
    www.paddypowerpoker.com
    the above poker site is good and like most online poker rooms it has a 'play money' section so you can play for free without having to give credit card details.

Advertisement