Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live Game in Limerick Tonight. (Monday 23rd)

Options
  • 23-05-2005 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Got word of a tourney running in Nevada Smyth's bar in Limerick that started last week. Probably around 40 runners. $20 buy-in + rebuys for $10 and you have to bust to rebuy. 20 minute blinds. 2,000 in chips starting at 25/50. I don't have any more info other than it starts at 8:30 and runs to about 12:30/1.

Having spoken to the organiser on the phone I don't hold out much hope for this one but I'm heading along anyway. If any of the Limerick boards people are thinking of heading down please come up and say hello.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

What do you mean that you don't hold much hope for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

He doesn't know what "freeze out" means and he said you have to have less that 1 Big Blind to rebuy. The word "crapshoot" springs to mind. I could of course be completely wrong buy I am never exactly full of optimism when it comes to tournaments run in Limerick pubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

I might just give it a go but ya gotta worry bout the crapshoot. Im only on one hours sleep today because i'm in the middle of my exams and cramming like a whoooore. I'll see how i'm doing later and may just give it a shot.

Oh ya i heard rumors of a tourney in the lodge tomorrow night, don't know if its michael barry up to his old shenanigans again but word is you need a ticket for it and its a charity game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

DeLaBass wrote:
    I might just give it a go but ya gotta worry bout the crapshoot. Im only on one hours sleep today because i'm in the middle of my exams and cramming like a whoooore. I'll see how i'm doing later and may just give it a shot.

Oh ya i heard rumors of a tourney in the lodge tomorrow night, don't know if its michael barry up to his old shenanigans again but word is you need a ticket for it and its a charity game.

Could possibly be michael barry. His tourney at the Sally Port went down like the Titanic. As far I'm concerned anyone running a charity event that doesn't outline how the money will be divided between prizepool and charity beforehand shove their tourney. This just seems to be an excuse now in Limerick to keep the gardai happy.

Advertisement