Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The colony- sad horrible news

Options
  • 22-05-2005 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭

From BBC:

Detectives searching woodland for a teenage girl who went missing four days ago say they have found her body.
    Carina Stephenson, 17, was last seen when she left her home in Branton, Doncaster, on Wednesday saying she was going see a friend in Armthorpe.

A police spokesman said the death is not being treated as suspicious. A post mortem test will take place next week.

Miss Stephenson's parents had put up posters asking for the public's help in tracing their daughter.

Detectives had also seized the teenager's computer to trawl through her e-mails for clues as to where she might be.

Fly-on-the-wall series

Miss Stephenson and her family were due to appear in a reality television show for the History Channel next month. The programme was filmed in Australia last year.

The teenager, along with her 13-year-old brother and parents, John and Liz, spent four months filming the fly-on-the-wall series which aimed to show how modern day families would have coped as settlers in Australia in 1800.

Her family say she appeared "happy and normal" in the days before her death.

A South Yorkshire Police spokesman said: "A body found in woodland in Branton, South Yorkshire, has been identified as that of Carina Louise Stephenson.

"Carina was found by police search teams just before 1600 BST in woods off Kilham Lane, Brampton."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭starman100

Yes, must be terrible for the family.

I wonder will History Channel will pull the series after this?

Has it been shown in Australia yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Wasn't this show already on RTÉ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Yes, it was on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm sure they will show it. In America, there was this boxing show with Sly Stallone and one of the contestants, blew his own head off with a gun infront of his gf (who has a child by him) and they went ahead with the series. They dedicated one of the shows to him or something like that.. Can't lose money now can they!!

You wonder what these shows do to people. Caroline from the first Big Brother said she become sucicidal after being on the show! Not good..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

thats terrible, she seemed like a really normal, nice girl. its a real shame. a lovely family too from what the show led me to believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Larianne wrote:
    You wonder what these shows do to people. Caroline from the first Big Brother said she become sucicidal after being on the show! Not good..

Displaying yourself/your life on tv for the whole world to see (when your not actually acting) has to affect you imho

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Crania

Yeah I was really shocked to hear this news, R.I.P., I watched the Colony and I rememeber the British family but I can't remember the daughter who killed herself, I can remember the mother, father and son but not the daughter

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

starman100 wrote:
    Yes, must be terrible for the family.

I wonder will History Channel will pull the series after this?

Has it been shown in Australia yet?

the history channel are putting it off for 3-4 months..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

Terrible news, can't remember the daughter. Thought the mother and father were lovely they were really good natured. In the Evening Herald yesterday it said that she had recently announced she was a lesbian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Jane Doe

The daughter was the one who said she really missed beans and she made a chess set too if that rings any bells.

• Advertisement
Advertisement