Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Tourneys Tonight

Options
  • 22-05-2005 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭

anyone playing?

$10 boards game, 7pm on pstars, im the only one registered.

8.30pm $35 freezeout on PPP, nobody in yet.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

If I am home I will play the 35 freezeout.I have nothing on my Pokerstars account.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

karlh wrote:
    anyone playing?

$10 boards game, 7pm on pstars, im the only one registered.

8.30pm $35 freezeout on PPP, nobody in yet.

I plan to play both but i will register closer to the off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

I'll start the ball rolling for the Paddies game.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

HOW DO I FIND THE TOURNEY NOT USED TO THE LAYOUT ON THIS PPP USSUALLY play on ladbrokes. thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Just go to the MTT section and scroll down its down as Boards.ie Champion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

whats the password

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

The Pokerstars one has a password of bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Came 3rd in the PPP game. I had Pog Mahone on the ropes twice both times he hit 3 outers. It's a good tourney just wish more people would play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭De Deraco

just finished finally caught pog mahone good game, first time i played it would be a great game if more people played, :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 836 ✭✭✭OilBeefHooked2

well played DE great tourney.

My first time playing and I'm chuffed to be the 2nd best player on boards.ie :D considering the ****e cards i got when itm. got lucky against davey a few times but we'll all take them when we can getem. :p

hopefully more play next week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

well done lads. enjoyable tournament alright with mostly solid play, which makes a nice change. I got sfa all night but with small blinds and longer levels, at least you get some time to play. Hopefully back next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

gg wp ul nh etc.

would be much better with more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Would play if $20 !

I know the average was $35 when the question was asked, but numbers are a funny thing.

If you look at the average chip count of a tournament, probably 80% of the players would be below that figure, and not at the average stack size.

$35 entry is going to get you exactly what you have at the moment ... a small elite field.

If I'm going to pay $35 MTT into a top class field, it will be for a Guaranteed $7500 or something like that.

A $20 entry fee would I'm sure more than compensate itself by having more entries and a higher prize pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aidankk

Culchie wrote:
    Would play if $20 !

I know the average was $35 when the question was asked, but numbers are a funny thing.

If you look at the average chip count of a tournament, probably 80% of the players would be below that figure, and not at the average stack size.

$35 entry is going to get you exactly what you have at the moment ... a small elite field.

If I'm going to pay $35 MTT into a top class field, it will be for a Guaranteed $7500 or something like that.

A $20 entry fee would I'm sure more than compensate itself by having more entries and a higher prize pool.

I agree its is a great tourney, good play and all that, but $20 would be a better figure, after all it is mainly about playing good players each week, less about the money element ???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,293 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well the PokerStars twice weekly €10 (plus €20 end of month) game is there for those in search of a lower limit. 9 runners last night (many then played the PPP game) and the standard is equally as high I am sure :)

edited to add that an advantage of PokerStars over PPP is that Stars doesn't explicitly encourage 'self-abuse' while playing, unlike PPP and their upsetting online ads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭PPP-Pit Boss

De Deraco wrote:
    just finished finally caught pog mahone good game, first time i played it would be a great game if more people played, :)
    Well done deraco!

david-k wrote:
    well played DE great tourney.

My first time playing and I'm chuffed to be the 2nd best player on boards.ie :D considering the ****e cards i got when itm. got lucky against davey a few times but we'll all take them when we can getem. :p

hopefully more play next week!
    Well played nuckin futz!

careca wrote:
    well done lads. enjoyable tournament alright with mostly solid play, which makes a nice change. I got sfa all night but with small blinds and longer levels, at least you get some time to play. Hopefully back next week.
    Yup will post back up next week if you like. Guys we have a GTD 1k $20 entry freezout on Fridays? I cant guarantee it yet, but lets run it for another week and I promise I will make a decision then. ;0)
    If you want me to change entry fee I can?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Well done shane, first time on PPP and you win the tourney! And u shut that fcukin mouth up!

Yup will post back up next week if you like. Guys we have a GTD 1k $20 entry freezout on Fridays? I cant guarantee it yet, but lets run it for another week and I promise I will make a decision then. ;0)
    If you want me to change entry fee I can?

Cheers Nikki

Alot of my forced all-in's against davey devil were "nuckin-futs" which reinforces my philosiphy Bad play is REWARDED 78.36% of the time :p

I was unlucky not to double up and get even with De deraco when his mediocre hand KTo beat my monster pocket ducks. :rolleyes:

in fairness the $35 entry is a bit steep for a mtt with no gaureteed fund.

I think the friday nite $20 freezout $1000 gaurenteed would create more interest if on sunday evening say about 8pm. As most guys go for a drink friday nite and from what i can gather here quiet a few lads play the fitz on friday also.

Pog-mahone

Phil Helmuth is still a grade A whining muppet

• Advertisement

roryc wrote:
    Well done shane, first time on PPP and you win the tourney! And u shut that fcukin mouth up!

Whose the mouth roryc?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

not you don't worry! Just something between me and shane. Nice game by the way, what did you get for second?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

going to agree with culchie, $20 entry would def increase field. Id play for that as well but woudnt for $35.

roryc wrote:
    not you don't worry! Just something between me and shane. Nice game by the way, what did you get for second?

sound out bouy!

thanks i got $130 ish.

I'd still like to see the friday nite $20 freezout on ppp moved to sunday evening. I think there would be alot more players.

Advertisement