Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyklon last night

Options
  • 22-05-2005 1:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Anyone at this reat gig last night?

Missed the opening support, byt Zyklon kicked some serious ass.

Only knew one song, but damn they busted out some Emporer aswell :)

The encore of "I am the black wizards" was simply great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

I dont know how i'm writing this, coz i'm absolutely in bits.......

What an awesome gig - the support bands were quite good and Zyklon just SLAYED. The sound was great too, for a change!

Never expected that encore - just excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

****ingarsecunt! I forgot all about it. :mad:

Dammit, how did you forget?? :D

And it was a Saturday night as well - a rarity!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

A note to all

Keep an eye out on

http://www.emeraldpromotions.8m.com/future.html

There are some great gigs coming soon :)

Man i can't wait for the Hate Eternal and Behemoth gig...these two bands sharing a stage - unthinkable savagery!

Karl H - if you forget about that gig, i'll confiscate the Nomad :p

blargh, i can't sit up straight, have to go hit the couch. Too much booze at the gig & Bruxelles afterwards.

• Advertisement

Ancient1, so you were in brux - did you by chance see the near punch up at the stage end of the bar? Twas quite funny - in fact where in the blue hell were you sitting/standing/swaying?

Didn't see a punch up (i promise it wasn't me!). Was it good? :p

I was swaying all over the place and i went up for a smoke and saw Secthdamon (vocals/bass) and Destructhor (lead guitar) going in, but i was close to passing out so i legged it.

Must meet for drinks next time!

Was it good - er no - was like see a packed bus hit the brakes - everyone standing going left then going right, very Benny Hill like

Aye the guys were in brux last night, admiring some of the more nutty of us headbangin' to Reich's The American Way and loads of 80s hair metal cheese, and one or two Manowar songs thrown in for good measure :)

Did Trym and Samoth come as well? Sh1t, should've stayed longer...

I had the privilege of having a quick beer with Samoth in Strasbourg in April 99 (or was it 98?? Many beers ago anyways), when Emperor was playing with Morbid Angel. Saw them twice in four days, that was awesome. I was in Stuttgart for the first gig and a mate of mine spoke to Pete Sandoval who got us on the guestlist, so a few days later we took the train to Strasbourg and got in for free. Man that rocked.

Emperor and Morbid Angel. Can you imagine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Ancient1 wrote:
    Emperor and Morbid Angel. Can you imagine :D

I hate you. :mad:

• Advertisement

dont hate.....love :)
    Did Trym and Samoth come as well?

Not too sure was really wated myself

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Gabriel

hey man i missed !!!....****!!!! but when is emperor!!! coming to play here ...any ideas??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Ph3n0m wrote:

Missed the opening support, byt Zyklon kicked some serious ass.

The encore of "I am the black wizards" was simply great

Lemme get this straight, there was a band called "Zyklon" singing about "wizards" at a heavy metal concert?

There wasn't a sign saying "Achtung Juden" or "No Blacks" aswell was there?

Gabriel wrote:
    hey man i missed !!!....****!!!! but when is emperor!!! coming to play here ...any ideas??

uhm Emporer disbanded many moons ago - so the chances of them playing are quite short

and as for this...
    Lemme get this straight, there was a band called "Zyklon" singing about "wizards" at a heavy metal concert?

I hope to christ you are being sarcastic, or else you will be awarded title of "****ing Moron of the Week" - simply because you've read more into this then necessary - and your simple implication that the band is racist, well then that gets you the "Daily ****tard" award

Jesus, some people are just over-reaching these days

Anyd FYI the band used to be called ZyklonB (a commercial form of hydrocyanic acid) - but because it had too many associations with Nazism and Hitler they dropped the B to become Zyklon - see heavy metal does carei

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

Why would there be? What a stupid, pointless comment. Zyklon is a pesticide/disinfectant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Ph3n0m wrote:

I hope to christ you are being sarcastic, or else you will be awarded title of "****ing Moron of the Week" - simply because you've read more into this then necessary - and your simple implication that the band is racist, well then that gets you the "Daily ****tard" award

Calm down teenager and learn to spot a flame, it'll save you the embarassment mmmmkay? :p

I note you didn't pick up on the wizard reference? Bit too high brow for you, eh?
    ;)

kasintahan wrote:
    Calm down teenager and learn to spot a flame, it'll save you the embarassment mmmmkay? :p

I note you didn't pick up on the wizard reference? Bit too high brow for you, eh?
    ;)

Oh no, I've been abused n the internet by some faceless schmo, oh deary deary me. As for the teenager quip - well atleast we can now accuse you of being age-ist or whatever buzz word is floating around this week, and if a "teenager" like me has a problem with what you said, betcha cant wait for a reply from a real teenager - then again its probably the only kind of contact you ever make, sitting in your bedroom, I mean what else does a "consultant student" do - or is that another "high brow" joke that we peons will never get?....you moron

And as for my brow, I prefer it somewhat in the middle - kinda above Homer Simpson humour, but well below the "hidden meanings" in the lyrics by Tool.

I did pick up on the wizard reference, but if you want to talk wizard, why not come right out and mention greats like Mr Magellen, or was that too low brow for you :)

kasintahan wrote:

Yup, you should come and check it our for yourself next time. It's great fun.
    We all smoke crack and worship Satan at those gigs.

But we're not breaking the smoking ban coz we smoke outside in the parking lot where we sacrifice virgins to Master Lord Satan :)

Seriously dude - that's just some bad misconceptions you got there...no need for that ;)

Advertisement