Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent: Fire ALarm wont shut up!

Options
  • 22-05-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    AM in an apartment and for past two hours fire alarm going crazy (not smoke alarm). No reason I can see !!
    its wired to the ceiling can unscrew to some extet but only switches I see change the siren sound

Its VERY loud !!!

Can't turn off even using mains switch

what do I do ??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

put out the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

is after stopping now!!
    but does that mean its faulty or will work in real situation

just seeing a gang of workmen very literalt Speed off from neighbouring apartment

strange

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

ask the contract electrician for your apartment block what way its set up ,the fuse boards will have a dedicated fuse for the smoke alarm
    it must must wired to the main with some sort of back up battery I think

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

It is possible the alarm was triggered by the men who were working there, as far as I know these systems are wired to the main board for the building and they can be very sensitive.

If the work involved anything to do with the wiring in another aprtment or the wire got damaged it could have triggered the alarm, most systems also have battery back up.

Should it go off again, call the management company, these are not toys and are meant to be 100% dependable, they can mean the difference between life and death to all occupants.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭Pataman

wouldnt worry too much about it. These systems are designed to alert all occupants in the building of a fire in one of the apartments. The workers must have set it off somehow. There must be a control panel, probably in the hall, you should be able to check to see if someone has a key and ask them which apartment it was.

thanks for the response

Have to try contact the management company
    (the number i have now has a full mailbox for past months)

The apartments are tagged on to rows of houseseg me and upstairs apartment on end of 8 houses. AM guessing their alarm when off, but definitley need to check the dependability.
    There are fire button thingys in theplace but they don't seem to be commissoned.

cheers again

Hmm______________

Advertisement