Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roofer needed for reslate roof in Fermoy!!

Options
  • 21-05-2005 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi yis,Just wondering if anyone has a good contact for a roofer in fermoy,cocork.My brother will have his house next week.

Theres about 600 slates each side.

Any help appreciated or even someone to replace the 10-12 bad slates for a temp solution also welcome...

kind regards kieran

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Kieran,

The travelling expenses alone would have me out of the running, best bet is Golden Pages or roofingireland.com.

What he should watch for is the plastering section as well as the roofing section, it's not so long ago that the Plasterers Union also repesented the Slaters in the Cork area so there may still be a few of the working that system..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

HI rooferPete,thanks for your reply.What do you think it should cost approx for the job considering it needs to be felted and reslated or do you think it needs reslating if i could email you the digital picture or does someone know how i can attach one using boards.ie?

kind regards kieran

Hi Kieran,

Feel free to email the info to to my main address, I do have a rule about posting prices, basically I don't ;)

Sorry but there is the little matter of possible conflict of interest and of course my guide prices would be there for all to see, that could put me at a disadvantage in the market place.

I am always happy to help in anyway I can, regardless of whether I am invited to price a job or not.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

u travel do u Pete?? Jaysus nice little dormer I have for someone to slate.......

Hi Yop,

I have been known to wander :) last year two roofs one in Philadelphia the other in Chicago.

My job on those was more as consultant, get them started and email did the rest, another nice one in California this year they are great jobs because I don't even have to work on them and the pay is great ;)

I work through a firm of roofing consultants over there, they love our system because none of our roofs suffer from Ice Dams.

I am working with a firm in Florida at the moment, basically I send them drawings except on this one I had to make a rig and send the photos.

I have an interest in a company in New Zealand as well even though I've never actually been there, that is why I am so late at night, time zones do have side effects :)

Now if I could only get the Irish to value a Roofing Consultant :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Ummm, don;t think Mayo is that exotic!!

Hi Yop,

I don't look so much at the location as the roof ;)

My brother recons I will soon be able to re-wrie my van, London, Chicago, Auckland, California (But Mainly Dublin) :)

Advertisement