Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drifter ads

Options
  • 21-05-2005 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭

Just now, eating a Drifter, I remembered the ads where what I can only describe from memory as a pimp walks into a sweet shop and speaks a load of "jive speak" to the old lady in charge, with subtitles explaining that the man was hungry, and wanted a bar with caramel, which was crispy, covered in chocolate, and preferably a dual-bar experience.

Does anyone else recall these? Are they too "offensive" to play on tv these days? Does anyone have them stored?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

did that have a phone number you could call to hear the drifter guy call out the top 100 chart singles or something? I remember calling it one early morning around 4am when i was a lad and hung up the phone and when i picked it up he was still talking! Then someone from telecom eireann came in on the middle of my call and said to stop messing with the phone haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

They still make drifters?!
    Oh god what I wouldn't give to taste one!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

I remember at the end of one of the drifter ad's drifter man is walking out of the shop and a kid is coming in - Drifter man gives him a high five and knocks all the kids change out of his hand. First time i saw that i was in tears laughing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Kingsize

come on shuffle my shells mama ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I am now addicted to drifters since reading this thread. It caught my eye when I had the munchies and now I'm on a drifter buzz!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Inspector Gadget

"I want something with jaw on; crispy in the main street, and covered from top to toe in Sunday best"

Oh yeah, and c-13, I think he says "Yo! Skin, little bud!" at the point you describe :)

(I have a bizarre memory for things like this... honest! :confused: )

Gadget

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

wasn't the whole point the catch phrase : "you catch my drift?" :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Zetec

Was the guy in the ad Antonio Fargas?

Advertisement