Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finish to Drogheda Tourny

Options
  • 20-05-2005 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭

With 4 players left its announced there will be a chip count to announce 1st to 4th after the next hand

There are 300k in play with the blinds at 10k - 20k Chip leader on bb,

Obviously the short stack has to go all in, if bb folds he wont win the tournament.

Prize structure
    1st 2500
    2nd 1300
    3rd 900
    4th 700 AFAIK

AS far as I can see unless folding guarantees you second you have to go all in

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

bohsman wrote:
    With 4 players left its announced there will be a chip count to announce 1st to 4th after the next hand

Obviously the short stack has to go all in, if bb folds he wont win the tournament.

Prize structure
    1st 2500
    2nd 1300
    3rd 900
    4th 700 AFAIK

Very good question! Hector will love this one..

Always call unless:

1) gtd first
    2) gtd second with possibility of gong out 4th if u call... (eg, if you are gtd 2nd but will not finish worse than 3rd CALL!
    3) gtd second and chip leader (gtd 1st too) is not calling - nothing to gain here by calling.

Above is off the top of my head so feel free to correct (I haven't bothered doing the maths)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

bohsman wrote:

Prize structure
    1st 2500
    2nd 1300
    3rd 900
    4th 700 AFAIK

Just before anyone jumps in here, it was actually over an hour before the final hand we told the players what time we were needed to finish and that there might be a chip count to decide positions.

There was talk of a deal when 5 were left but after Pat the Story teller was the only objecter it was played out until the count. Pats decision not to take a deal cost him €200!

Anyway next time we are starting a bit earlier. We are going for 8.30 cards in the air as apposed to the 9.25 it started this time.

On a side note I went to a competitors game that was held in the town last night and as a slight chip leader I took the most money in a 4 way deal. With only 25 runners and €50 initial buyin and €20 for rebuys and a top up. It was well run (organiser played in my game to check us out!) but an entirely different structure, 1200 start chips. Blinds started at 50/50, 15 min levels. unlimited rebuys when below 300 chips and a top up of 5000 chips after about 2 hrs of rebuy period. 70% of take was paid out, the organisers had gone down the route of charity to organise the game. I rebought 3 times and topped up and took home €450 for my win which was 2nd prize money. 2-4 took 360 each, 2 of them had played at my game the previous night. One of them has recently won a seat to the WSOP main event in a new player freeroll on Gaming Club poker!

Anyone who fancies a shot at this type of structure then they are running another game in the town on June 5th ( a Sunday), 5ish start and €100 initial entry with rebuys & top ups for €20.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

sorry, should have pointed that out, I was just interested in the maths of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

I hope you are up so early to get a haircut Oscar! I can't face you heads up live with that bonnet, it is too scary :eek: We need to get that heads up done tomorrow, I am out for a meal tonight for a mates birthday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

read the other thread Ive got started...

• Advertisement
Advertisement