Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Corgan - Ambassador, June

Options
  • 20-05-2005 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to this gig?

I heard an interview with Billy on dave fanning yesterday. Sounded interesting. Looks like it'll be a one-man-and-his-guitar sort of gig. He said he won't be playing any pumpkins songs, so i'm a bit iffy about going...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Dr.Feelgood

Dont feel interested if he wont play a few Pumpkin numbers

Was thinking about going- But its almost as if he's ashamed-

I know he doesnt wanna live in the past

But has he really done anything special without them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

He hasn't done anything as near as impressive as the pumpkins stuff since they split. Some of the Zwan stuff was nice though, and the new solo single sounds ok. I'd kill to see the pumpkins, but billy on his own doesn't sound anywhere as fanstastic

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I'll go just to see how the hell he hopes to play any of the songs he's written in the past five years on his lonesome, with a guitar, without his copy of Reason.

Plus the man is a legend, even if he's an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

PiE wrote:
    I'll go just to see how the hell he hopes to play any of the songs he's written in the past five years on his lonesome, with a guitar, without his copy of Reason.

Plus the man is a legend, even if he's an asshole.
    Yeah, that pretty much sums up my thoughts. He's an amazing songwriter, so even though I've yet to hear the album, I would imagine that it'll be fairly good.

Advertisement