Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kicker plates for doors

Options
  • 20-05-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Hi all

New house nearly finished just need to find some cheap kicker plates for the bottom of the doors. The dogs have a habbit of scratching the botton of the door to get in and out.... If you have dogs then you know what I mean...

Anyone have any recommendations? Nothing fancy as they can get really expensive... or any better ideas would be appreciated..

regards

Garyh3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

Why don't you try 6mm plywood?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭pauln

Some aluminium diamond plate sheeting, for that industrial feel :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

My thinking cap isn't on at the moment, a lot of wind in the past few days, what you could try is a couple of strips of aluminium or stainless steel, another option is if you have an outlet for roof sheeting near you they may have some coated metal in stock.

As a dog lover I wouldn't like to see either of my Golden Retrievers with cut toes, so if you can find a local metal fabricator, it is surprising how many there are around the country they may have both the metal and a folder to bend the top edge around taking the sharp edge off it.

All that said I think the plates can be bought ready made, I just can't remember where I think I saw them.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

I picked up a half dozen kickerplates at my local builders providers just a few weeks ago. Cheap enough, about a tenner a go. Brushed aluminium, 8 x pre-drilled csk holes, forget the exact dimensions, maybe 700 x 200. Try your own local, if not give Moores B.P in Newbridge a bell!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,352 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Basic brushed aluminium or stainless steel is available from your local DIY / builder's provider or from hardware / door ironmongery shops. Different height and lengths are available.

Avoid colours and patterns, they will eventually suffer and cost more anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi all

Thanks for all the replies. diamond plate hey never though of that. :). I may try, as the kitchen has a lot of brushed steel.

regards

Garyh3

Advertisement