Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Heads-up Championship Round 1 Result

Options
  • 20-05-2005 2:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Just got back there from the fitz. Had a great night of poker. Started off with my heads up battle against the Dublin Student Poker Championship's winner William(willis). Had a very starange heads up match.

The first game lasted two hands (i won after cracking his Q Q with A 9)! Second game lasted a bit longer, was a great game which he ended up taking. So we went into the final game with one win each. Promised to be a long, tough game. Then...

First hand get dealt Q 3. flop comes Q 3 3! He raises big, i go all in, he calls and turns over K K! :eek: No help on turn/river

Game over.

Bit of a strange match that could have been a lot better. Because it was still early we decided to play a few more games until the freeroll started. These matches turned out to be a lot better than the previous ones. it ended up 5-4 to me, so we were pretty evenly matched.

He was a very good player who may have beaten me if luck had gone his way (or not gone mine!). :D

Anyway chalk up a 2-1 victory for me! Into the next round!

Oh yeh went on to kick some ass and win the freeroll too. Not bad....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Well done rory. I think you should add your result to Culchie's thread (Heads Up result) and keep that as the default results thread for the moment.

Congrats on the freeroll too, once you start replicating the freeroll results in the big tournies we will all be in trouble! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭willis

if this match was online id be complaining about it been rigged!!i couldnt believe that last hand,blinds 25/50,rory is small blind raises to 150, i reraise to 450 with the kings,he calls,flop qq3,i bet 500,he goes all-in?he had been bluffin loads in the 2nd game,and thought either he was at it again or maybe had the queen,couldnt put him on a 3, well when he turned over q3 i couldnt believe it!the whole 3 games lasted about 30mins in total and we didnt make it beyond the 1st blind level in any of the 3!anyways congrats rory and best of luck in the rest of the tournie,hope u go on to win it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Rory raises and calls re-raises with Q3. Must have went to the Tom Murphy School of Poker. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh we were both getting muck cards for ages so I thought I may aswell call the extra 300. I think I made the right move...

I thought it was the first hand of the game?

How many chips did you both start off with?

• Advertisement

Yeh first hand of that game, but in the previous game we played for about 10-15 minutes without either of us hitting much at all.

We started off with 2000 in chips.

Wow 10-15 mins, I'm not suprised you thought Q3 was a monster having to wait that long for a hand.

How bout you concentrate on your own game yeh? I won the game as I recall...

I'm sorry. I thought you posted about your heads-up game on a poker discussion forum, my mistake.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

I think most folk would consider calling a re-raise with Q3 slightly dodgy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭BrendanB

Now now, he won the hand. Thus his play was entirely correct. And given he started a thread all of his own to demonstrate his victory we shouldn't criticize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Thats right.

I vote that we rename this thread: "Who has the chips?"

Advertisement