Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wild Cards - questions

Options
  • 19-05-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

Guys - I'm considering playing dealers choice for an upcoming home game, and have a question about wild cards for variants like spit in the ocean.
    Can a wild card change suit as well as rank?

e.g.
    Can 2c (if it is wild) be used with say 3d,8d,9d,Jd to make a flush? (Also would it be an Ace high flush or a Jack high flush?)

If anyone can think of any other quirky rules about wild cards that should be spelt out before a game starts please shout away too.

Thanks,
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

When we were in School, we used 2's and one eyed Jacks as wild cards. (used as anything).

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lemeister

MGrah wrote:
    If anyone can think of any other quirky rules about wild cards that should be spelt out before a game starts please shout away too.
    M

One that popped up when I was playing with wild cards was somebody making 5 of a kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

lemeister wrote:
    One that popped up when I was playing with wild cards was somebody making 5 of a kind!

We called that a 'palace' .... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

We use wild cards for some cash games post home game for both Omaha and 7-Card Stud. Two Jokers and a Rules For Bridge card (or whatever extra card comes with your deck). These cards can be anything you want them to be BUT in the case of a tie the natural nuts will always beat wild nuts (ie an omaha hand of 8 9 beats 8 joker to make a straight on a 5 6 7 x x rainbow board). A "pyramid" is five of a kind and will beat all straight flushes bar a royal flush, "natural" or otherwise. Play it drunk for money with 5 or 6 (or more) card omaha for maximum mirth and merriment. I predict that by 2015 the WSOP will be the WSOWO and will be sponsored by the five richest Kings of Europe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

as long as you've decided before the game how they work there shouldn't be any problems

a wild card can take any value or suit so a Jd 9d 5d 3d 2c say would be an ace high flush.

if you have a lot of wild cards you shuld probably decide on hand rankings too like if 5 of a kind beats a straight flush or what suits are better etc

either way, they're always fun!

• Advertisement
Advertisement