Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few more for the memory bucket

Options
  • 19-05-2005 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭

Raggy Dolls
    raggy_group250.jpg

Cockleshell Bay
    mcockle.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Hoochiemama

awwwwww, cockleshell bay!!!! man, i loved that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Cant remember RaggyDolls.. when was that?
    Cockleshell bay now.. Legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

man, id forgotten all about them! All the memories came flooding back as soon as i saw the pics, what wonderful memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Was just talking to a mate of mine 'bout raggydolls the other day. Maybe someone can answer a question - who can remember the name of the fat orange guy on the right ?
    We cant agree on it - I think it was something like "Ballzack", "Baldsack" or "Ballsack". Can anyone help with this ?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭grimsbymatt

c - 13 wrote:
    Was just talking to a mate of mine 'bout raggydolls the other day. Maybe someone can answer a question - who can remember the name of the fat orange guy on the right ?
    We cant agree on it - I think it was something like "Ballzack", "Baldsack" or "Ballsack". Can anyone help with this ?? :D
    It was Sadsack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

It was Sadsack.

Thanks Dude, much appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭Pinx

I absolutely loved the "Raggy Dolls". When I saw those pics above, it also brought back memories of "Button Moon" - does anyone else remember it? It was, ahem, a family of wooden spoons in space.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me...."

heh. I don't remember any episodes though. Which kind of freaks me out.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I just remember 'Backtofront'. Can't remember the names of the other dolls.

I can't remember cockel bay or whatever it was called. Might have to look that up.

Button Moon was great. I didn't know what it was untill a while back where they had the 100 best kids shows or something on channel 4 and saw it. That was on when I was really young.

Anyone remember Puddle Lane? i remember watching that after coming home from play school.

seamus wrote:
    "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me...."

heh. I don't remember any episodes though. Which kind of freaks me out.

Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly
    So if you can't sneeze and have knobbly knees.....

I can't remember any episodes specifically - I can just remember the opening jingle and them all being thrown into the reject bin.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote:

Anyone remember Puddle Lane? i remember watching that after coming home from play school.

Was there a wizard in that? The name is definitely familiar.....

Yeah, dude with beard and he would say something and then put his finger into the puddle and I dunno... a story would be told or something.

Larianne wrote:
    Yeah, dude with beard and he would say something and then put his finger into the puddle and I dunno... a story would be told or something.
    Ah yes, it's all coming back to me now....

Another one I've just remembered is "Bertha" - that jog any memories? Animation set in a factory, massive machine called Bertha what could manufacture just about anything and obviously had a mind of it's own...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

anyone remember Pigeon Street???? around the same time as the other if I remember

BrookieD wrote:
    anyone remember Pigeon Street???? around the same time as the other if I remember

No, I definitely don't remember that -- not ringing any bells at all!

http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/index.htm?childrenstv/Puddle_Lane/Puddle_Lane.htm&1

Has pictures of Puddle Lane, Bertha and pigeon Lane. Don't remember Pigeon Lane at all, at all. Do remember Bertha vaguely. Happy Memories!! :D

And ya can buy the DVDs of them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Just something that popped into my head...

Anyone remember that show with the toys? The leader was an elephant, then there was a truck, a robot, a hotwater bottle etc...
    Anyone remember the name?

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭penguinbloke

Pinx wrote:
    Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly
    So if you can't sneeze and have knobbly knees.....

I can't remember any episodes specifically - I can just remember the opening jingle and them all being thrown into the reject bin.

the Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls
    Dolls like you and me
    Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls made imperfectly
    So if you're not at ease with your nobbly knees
    and your fingers are all thumbs
    Stand on your two left feet,
    and join our Raggy Doll chums
    Cause Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls
    Are happy just to be
    Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls
    Dolls like you and me!

But strangely also cannot remember a single episode.
    Other than the themesong did they really happen??? :eek:

But strangely also cannot remember a single episode.
    Other than the themesong did they really happen??? :eek:

Very odd that none of us can remember an episode.... I've been wrecking my brain and it's driving me mad! :p

Just something that popped into my head...

Anyone remember that show with the toys? The leader was an elephant, then there was a truck, a robot, a hotwater bottle etc...
    Anyone remember the name?

Was that with Puppetry reather than a cartoon/animation and was made in Australia? Yeah I remember it, haven't a clue what it's called though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Click Here for Pigeon Street information and episode guide :D

Larianne wrote:
    http://www.jedisparadise.co.uk/index.htm?childrenstv/Puddle_Lane/Puddle_Lane.htm&1

Has pictures of Puddle Lane, Bertha and pigeon Lane. Don't remember Pigeon Lane at all, at all. Do remember Bertha vaguely. Happy Memories!! :D

And ya can buy the DVDs of them. ;)

Nice research Larianne -- that should keep me occupied at work for the rest of the afternoon! ;)

I'd say there's loadsa sites like that one on the net. I just googled Puddle Lane and found it.

Trap Door...that's another one. I think it was the theme tune that made me like that. It was only on for I'd say 5 minutes!

Larianne wrote:
    I'd say there's loadsa sites like that one on the net. I just googled Puddle Lane and found it.

Trap Door...that's another one. I think it was the theme tune that made me like that. It was only on for I'd say 5 minutes!

Oh yeah, I loved Trap Door. "Berk - feed me"!

Anyone remember another kiddies programme that was set in a windmill? It had Postman Pat style characters.... Probably named something obvious like "The Windmill" ???

And BrookieD, thanks for the link to Pigeon Street - turns out I DO remember it -- just didn't realise what it was called....! ;)

I'll have a look for that Windmill thingy your on about but I can't remember it. (postman pat maker's were certainly making a few telly programmes!)

Here's the list of Channel 4's 100 Greatest Kids shows.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/kidstv/results.html

SOmething might pop out at ya! :D

Actually go to the nominations page as it tells you abit about each programme in the 100.

http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/G/greatest/kidstv/results.html

Larianne wrote:

Excellent - thanks a million. Just had a quick glance through it and have spotted many familiar names that I'd long forgotten -- eg Bananaman!!
    Will definitely have a proper look after work!!

I haven't stopped yet!! (yes I'm unemployed!! lol) go to

http://www.toonhound.com/tvtoons.htm for more!!

Found ALias the Jester on it!! I had his books and everything!! :)

That's a great site - will definitely be visiting that later to reminisce! Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭MiniMetro

Cockleshell Bay, awesome.

• Advertisement
Advertisement