Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mini Digger

Options
  • 19-05-2005 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get my hands on a mini digger, for reasonable money.

I know Sam Hire is €530 per week incl VAT.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi,

Have tried Haven Hire in Celbridge ? I think Decra are in the Enfield area might be close enough to you.

Have you ever driven one ? I know a man local to me who hires the machine with or without the driver, he told me he makes more money from the self drives because people spend most of the time learning how to drive the machine.

Just food for thought ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Ya, they look like they would take a bit of time to get used to alright.
    Saw a guy on TV last night give a crash course on the operation of one.

One thing he did mention was not to drive it with the arm extended and the bucket high up as they are prone to toppling forward since the buckets can tend to be quite heavy. Other than that he mentioned to park it with the arm down and the bucket facing up and not to operate on steep inclines. After that, it was just a matter of getting used to the controls.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I did operate one about 6 years ago for a weekend for my dad, and about 2 years ago i used a JCB for a day, so I was kinda hoping it was a bit like riding a bike!

No steep inclines, but thanks for the safety tips anyway, they are always worth a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

maybe try cp hire been a few years since I used them but they were the cheapest round dublin back then(for companies - may be different for yourself)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

prospect wrote:
    Anyone know where I can get my hands on a mini digger, for reasonable money.

I know Sam Hire is €530 per week incl VAT.

Cheers

thats actually a very good price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

I'm inclined to agree. Even if that's only for 5 days, it's terrific value. For 100 euros a day, you can do the work of 10 men. How bad is that? Where will you get men to work for 10 euros a day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Rubens

gregos wrote:
    Where will you get men to work for 10 euros a day?

Carlow and Cork.

RJ

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Rubens wrote:
    Carlow and Cork.

RJ

Please elaborate Rubens.

kadman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭gregos

Yes indeed. That's a bit cryptic for me. Please explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Okay, thanks for info.
    I wasn't sure of going rate, so i was just trying to keep Sam Hire honest :)

But now I am toying with the idea of getting a JCB operator in for a day. They would prob be 100 times more productive than i would be in 5 evenings.

Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement