Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebrity Love Island

Options
  • 19-05-2005 2:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

The show which was giving Big Brother a run for its money is with out a doubt.......RUBBISH!!
    The reviews it's getting is terrible. There is no point to the show and the presenters are crap.

Can't wait for Big Brother to come along so ITV can axe celebrity love island (just like they did, Celebrity Wrestling) and send the "celebrities" home.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

News Flash...

ALL REALITY TV IS TERRIBLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

I disagree.....Big Brother is the daddy of Reality Tv, it is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Your welcome to your opinion. But I think you will find you are wrong about it being "good".

90% of so called 'reality tv' is nothing but mindless garbage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Skyuser wrote:
    Skyuser wrote:
    Can't wait for Big Brother to come along so ITV can axe celebrity love island (just like they did, Celebrity Wrestling) and send the "celebrities" home.

please please please do NOT have children.

please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

This is dreadful TV. I cann't beleive that TV3 are subjecting us to it. Now its on Two stations its hard to avoid. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Celebrity Love Island? WTF! Is this that crap with Abby Titty and Rebecca Loose in it? Some of the guys here were on about it this morning, what a load of toss.

As for celebrities, what the hell did Rebecca Loos ever do except claim she shagged David Beckham and them appear on various "celebrity" shows? She should be on Celebrity Mingers 'cause she has a face like the rear end of a particularly ugly donkey, plus she's a tart, and not in a good way. Other than her and Abby I'd never heard of any of them.

More reasons to avoid TV and get propper shows "special delivery" style.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Can't say I agree, but CLI makes Big Brother look like Chekhov..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Its mindless garbage! and TV3 have taken Jack and bobby off the air for this crap! this is exactly the reason it got axed in the US,people would rather watch reality crap(american idol) over quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

i thought this was a low too, until i saw an ad for some itv show where 'celebrities' like joe pasquale (cúnt !) lie on a couch undergoing regression and crying their little media-whore eyes out
    you couldn't make it up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

never seen as much rubbish in my life! The show is crap.. Kelly Brooke is an Ok presenter but the other guy is rubbish.

Rebecca Loos is not a celebrity shes a media whore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

tvnutz wrote:
    News Flash...

American Chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

DS wrote:
    American Chopper

Great show indeed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

American Chopper isn't reality. It's filmed months before it airs, much like The APprentice. It's closer to a Docu-soap.

John

Love Island will be pulled soon, It's only getting 2 million viewers.

Sorry for double posting.

John

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

jor el wrote:
    As for celebrities, what the hell did Rebecca Loos ever do except claim she shagged David Beckham and them appear on various "celebrity" shows?

She did give a boar a hand-job on Channel 5's "The Farm".......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I hope it dies a death soon and the people of Fiji receive an apology from the producers.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's only getting 2 million viewers.

That many? :D

That's **** all....

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

tresure island was good all other ones are awful

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

tvnutz wrote:
    News Flash...

AND ALL BLACKS ARE CRIMINALS, SEND THEM HOME I SAY!!

Nice to see another poster who somehow thinks that while all reality tv is obviously brain rottingly bad, kelly brook is somehow a good presenter.

Awful show tho, wont last.

• Advertisement

AND ALL BLACKS ARE CRIMINALS, SEND THEM HOME I SAY!!

The problem with that statment is that people might take you seriously. Espicially those of us who can garantee you that Reality TV is seriously BAD.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

"The Difference between reality and fiction, is that fiction has to make sense"
    I cant remember who said that (Think it was Hunter S Thompson)

Which is why reality TV doesn't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

The thing that makes reality TV so crap is that it takes the most unreal of people (everyone in Big Brother last year for example or all of them on celebrity love island) and puts them in ever increasingly bizare and unreal situations, and then has the nerve to call it reality.

True reality TV would be something like Time Team or American Chopper where it has actual people doing a real job.

Sitting around in a house with 15 people you hate while trying desperately to shag one of them or lazing on a tropical island with a bunch of non-celebrity retards is about as detached from reality as one could possibly get.

Just my opinion (not a reality TV fan).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Skyuser wrote:
    When Big Brother first came out, it was just a copy of the Real World. It was not the first reality TV show, by a long shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ILOVEYOU

jor el wrote:
    Sitting around in a house with 15 people you hate while trying desperately to shag one of them or lazing on a tropical island with a bunch of non-celebrity retards is about as detached from reality as one could possibly get.

If you ask me, that's about as close to real life as you can get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

to watching this ???

Come on, all those gorgeous beach bods .. okay so it's not rocket science, but actually for a wet summers night (and let's face there've been a few) ... I think it's cool to be able to sit and watch good looking people, on a beautiful island sunning themselves on a beach ... it beats watching scuzzers, in a scummy big brother house, scumming around all day. The bods on some of those celebs, wow! why is everyone jumping on the bandwagon and dissing this .... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Yeah I have watched it twice, about ten mins at a time. Lady I has such a nice body. The show itself is crap but its eye candy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Elmo wrote:
    The problem with that statment is that people might take you seriously. Espicially those of us who can garantee you that Reality TV is seriously BAD.

Fact.

Opinion.

Please discuss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

joejoem....that photo (of the dogs) is so sad....make it go away :(

• Advertisement

Fact.

Opinion.

Please discuss.

Yeah I don't think we should dwell to much on overtly rasist remarks and opinions on Cleb Island.

Actually that might make a good episode. :rolleyes:

It's not my opinion that Reality TV is bad. ITS A FACT. if that helps you.

Advertisement