Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now here's a novel idea

Options
  • 19-05-2005 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you may know I'm a big Einstuerzende Neubauten fan. They started last year recording their shows and selling them right after the gig on two cd-r's (Neubauten cd-r's at that). Now I was just looking at the new merchandise on their site and look at this:
    Pricing: each show (double CD) is €25. Your choice of 5 shows is €100. We also offer a special complete tour hard drive, consisting of uncompressed audio from all 18 shows from the tour (Nantes wasn't recorded), plus cover art, photos from the concerts and other tour souvenirs, some digitized video from the tour, autographs from all band members, in an external USB2 hard drive, for €300.

A hard drive! That's pretty ****ing cool.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

That's a really novel idea. What format is it on the drive?

Going slightly OT but I've ever heard them (Heard of them many times though). What would you recommend for a first listen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I presume it's wav files. I don't know to be honest.

As for a first time listen it's hard to say, every album is completely different. I know you can say that about a lot of bands but when you consider their first album was all pneumatic drills and sheet metal and then about five years ago they released an album called "Silence Is Sexy". For a start I recommend the patented "John2's Introduction To Neubauten" CD, it's relatively cheap being free and all. And it's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

what a great idea...
    if belle and sebastian put out something like that i'd pay lots of my hard earned cash for it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That is a really excellent concept, hats of to Neubaten :cool:

Advertisement