Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heads Up - Round 1 Results

Options
  • 18-05-2005 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Culchie 2 KP_Nuts 1 :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,620 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Jasus the early bird and all that..the draw only went up a couple of hours ago :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

good lord. I suspect to see Hand histories detailing huge suckouts Culchie. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

yup, hectors tactic of raising 2 3 preflop is a great tactic alright ;)

Was a great game to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭kpnuts

agreed. very good game. i threw away 1st leg with a massive river bluff when culchie had made trip-2s ... he reciprocated in the 2nd leg going all-in on a river with missed 7 3 when i had made a str8 ... but the 3rd and deciding leg was a see-saw battle that went to 200-400 blinds and ultimately the better player on the night went through. GL Culchie, all the way!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

KP it's the new haircut - It's not working out is it :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Someone should set up a results page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Threebeards 2 Iago 0. :)

In fairness to Iago, I got monster hands in the first game and in the second game I got several advantageous flops when dealt muck but managed to see the flop without it costing me anything more. We were playing on VC and the only option available was Speed 1x1 games which neither of us were thrilled about but we got on with it anyway. Has anyone else played in this heads up on VC and if so, what games do you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

VC is rigged, and threebeards obviously sacrificed a goat or something beforehand...

on a more serious note I think it's fair to say that the better player went through on the night. First game my best hand was J9o in the last hand of the game. In the second game I got better hands but just couldn't use them to best advantage.

I wasn't very comfortable at all with playing speed 1*1, but the result wouldn't have been any different in a regular game anyway. WP threebeards

Iago wrote:
    VC is rigged, and threebeards obviously sacrificed a goat or something beforehand...

on a more serious note I think it's fair to say that the better player went through on the night. First game my best hand was J9o in the last hand of the game. In the second game I got better hands but just couldn't use them to best advantage.

I wasn't very comfortable at all with playing speed 1*1, but the result wouldn't have been any different in a regular game anyway. WP threebeards

Fairplay Iago. Thanks. :o

Mayo assault on the heads up commences !!

• Advertisement

Culchie wrote:

C'mon the green n' red :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Culchie wrote:

Great stuff, they are bound to fall apart in the later stages in true Mayo fashion :D

I was waiting for that, and in truth, you may be right !!!

However, we keep dusting ourselves down, and keep dreaming !

Waylander wrote:
    Great stuff, they are bound to fall apart in the later stages in true Mayo fashion :D

Lol. One of us will get to the final but the game will be over after 20 minutes!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Waylander wrote:
    Great stuff, they are bound to fall apart in the later stages in true Mayo fashion biggrin.gif

I like it.smile.gif

Unfortunately I cant say much here, being originally from Westmeath and all... I think Karlh is from Laois so we''ll see how the all-Leinster clash gos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Lol. One of us will get to the final but the game will be over after 20 minutes!! :D

And going on last year, that would mean a Kerry man would beat you in the final. Did I mention where I'm from :)

No No .... Not Kerry !!

Kerry people, very nice people, but we just want to avoid them, like the plague, they are the bane of our lives, they keep making us miserable.

Psyched out already :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Come on the Dubs....

careca wrote:
    And going on last year, that would mean a Kerry man would beat you in the final. Did I mention where I'm from :)

Should a Mayo man reach the final, you can be sure that it'll either be a Kerry man or a Meath man against him. If that person is from Meath, the Mayo man will go all in on AA, be called by the Meath man on 23, who will eventually win with A2345!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Dub13 wrote:
    Come on the Dubs....

Now thats a pure bluff :)

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

What what?? I looked away from the site for 2 mins and all this happened :^(((

If theres any chance of getting on a reserve list, let me know. Bugger, I'd like to have played one round of heads up. (just the one :) )

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

DeVore wrote:
    What what?? I looked away from the site for 2 mins and all this happened :^(((

If theres any chance of getting on a reserve list, let me know. Bugger, I'd like to have played one round of heads up. (just the one :) )

DeV.
    The original thread has been up for the last few weeks!! I don't think there's much chance of a reserve list but I was thinking of doing a Boards.ie shorthanded league/tournament in the future.

Advertisement