Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion of Lost in advance of RTE premiere

Options
  • 18-05-2005 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭

Wasn't going to devote a thread to this, but considering how many magazines and newspapers will be out soon...

First up on the Lost front - three page feature in next week's (Sat 21st-Fri 27th) RTE Guide, which is out now. Some Charlie promo pictures there too I haven't seen elsewhere before. Nothing new in the main article, but there are a few bits in Donal O'Donoghue's interview with Dominic Monaghan which is worth a look.

Figure if any of us spot magazine articles in newspapers or magazines over the coming days, we might post here, so we'll all have a chance to catch any good articles or promo material.

(I expect this thread would be 100 times more useful in advance of the UK launch when there'll be many times more articles...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Heard a couple of spots on the radio for it today (mainly on 2FM)!

Basically.. same ol' stuff from the RTE advertisement. "No.1 in every country broadcast in etc.."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Quick mention in TV Now this week as well, usual pics and a quick preview of the next episode. Nothing too exciting.

A better two-page article in tomorrow's "Star 7" TV mag . Page 14/15 has a spread that covers the show and its success abroad, alongside a piece on cinema and TV's 'Top Deserted Dramas'. Article also underscores that RTE scored "a coup" with the show; it's nice to see the recognition of that before it's even started. Let's just hope the ratings here follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

There was a big two page article in the Sunday World magazine.

It played alot on how this show was as big as Desperate Housewives.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,794 ✭✭✭✭Basq

There was a big two page article in the Sunday World magazine.

It played alot on how this show was as big as Desperate Housewives.
    Yeah.. read that alright. Was an interview with Dominic Monaghan, right?

And he said how 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives' had a healthy rivalry but that 'Lost' was gonna blow it away soon enough with some of the storylines they'll be coming out with.

Can't stand 'Desperate Housewives' myself! Junk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

basquille wrote:
    Can't stand 'Desperate Housewives' myself! Junk!

Ah, it's not so bad. Good turn-your-brain-off and have a laugh TV, I reckon. Have found myself laughing out loud several times over the course of the season. It is pretty low-brow alongside Lost, though.

As for Lost's promotion - few other mentions in the weekend's TV guides. Ireland on Sunday's TV Week had a quick piece alongside some "show facts", one of which was glaringly incorrect.

It said the producers put the characters' names into a hat and had a draw to determine which writer would get which character's flashback. But it says they did this for "48 stories"! Well, unless they're planning FAR ahead and have already divvied out who's-getting-who for season two, that must be meant to be a lower 24 stories (which even then isn't quite right - should be 20 character flashbacks for season 1, not counting "Exodus" x 3 or "Pilot").

But I wouldn't be surprised if they divided them out in that way. You can just see the guys who got Shannon and Boone's going, "Noooo! I wanted the Hurley one!"

I also doubt they've planned season two to the point of who-does-what-story because (spoiler for ep 22 on)
    now Artz is on the scene, and possibly Michelle Rodriguez, there may be new flashbacks to tell...

daveirl wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

True. The OC may be the worst show (though its first season was actually quite good) to ever become very popular, undeservedly so.

Advertisement