Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drama on RTE

Options
  • 18-05-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

With another thread expounding the Summer treats ahead for people who only have the 2 irish channels, I've finally been reminded of something I've been meaning to ask for the last few months.

During 2003, my flatmate used to watch a drama about a local GAA club on RTE Sunday evenings. I half watched it myself, but was getting into it a bit more when it seemed to disappear. I have no idea what it was called, but there can't be that many shows fitting the description.

Was it cancelled? I kind of expected it come back last year, but nothing, and nothing in this year's schedule. It seemed pretty good to me, no better or worse than Glenroe or its ilk.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

I think this is it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Yeah was called 'On Home Ground'.Wouldnt have called it good myself.Ne match scenes they used were terrible.Guess extras cant play GAA ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

With another thread expounding the Summer treats ahead for people who only have the 2 irish channels

If it is any consolation, you should be able to tune in the other two Irish Channels. TV3 and TG4.

On Home Ground was dreadful. It was the replacement for Glenroe it was a mix between Ballyk and Dreamteam.

Like the Clinic (Which I think is one of RTE's good dramas) On home Ground suffered from over introduction of characters. And what I mean by that is:-

1. First Season begins in October of Year 1 - Ends in December. We are introduced to the characters at a very slow rate. (Not as bad on the Clinic)

2. Second Season begins in October of Year 2. We are re-introduced to each of the characters at a very slow rate. Thus plot lines never really finish and the viewer cann't become interest in the development of the characters as they are constantly being introduced to them.

3. The Clinic needs a set of 22 this autumn year IMO. Just to allow characters and storylines develop.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Ah, yeah, that's it. Cheers. I seem to remember that and You're A Star on around the same time. Christ, what a night.

Advertisement