Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wish they were somewhere else?

Options
  • 18-05-2005 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

does anyone here wish they went to a different college or IT?and which one? or is everyone happy staying put

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Been here 3 years, bit late now hehe!

Ah well, half way there now, might as well slog away and go and do something else afterwards.

More strings to my bow yadda yadda :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭Ishmael

Been in dcu 3 years now, hopefully only one more.

Is it just me or did this year seem very boring. I didn't see one event i wanted to go to this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭humbleCounty

summer ball was class this year.

Didnt go to anything else, doing a masters so this is my only year and that was my only DCU event, and i had a great time.

I say Jesus, you say Christ!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Tis my first year here and its nice so far, perhaps i would have been happier elsewhere but thats not for me to know right now.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Rhyme wrote:
    Tis my first year here and its nice so far, perhaps i would have been happier elsewhere but thats not for me to know right now.
    heretic!

I'll be pleasantly surprised if I remain in college for the next three years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Eh no. DCU is fine by me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

i like dcu. hence i purposefully failed my exam so i can come back in august

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Ferror

Well i'll admit it was looking a bit shady at the start of the year, but i've grown to like it a whole lot.

Now to pass these exams... Arg! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

moany bstards! enjoy college life, its what you make of it!

if you wanna sit at home watchin the late late show, then thats your choice!

as said before join a club or soc, go to the bar more, join in in all the events!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

ive just finished the best year of my life. was repeating a year so had the time to get involved in everything. twas amazing. best thing to do is join clubs/socs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

I'd hate to think I'd be better off somewhere else. I mean, I am here for three more yaers, why would I not try make the best of it?

Personally, I think next year will be much better. The SU is being given a great head start, and even if this years committee didn't make the most of it, they've done a great job with the handover from what I can tell.

And as everyone says, getting involved yourselfs always makes the difference.

Jess

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

DCU is teh w1n. I always wanted to go here. 4 years later and I don't regret my decision. Just have to plan a comeback at some point...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RWL

I've always wanted to go to DCU since I was 8, at the start of the year it was a lot quieter then I thought the college scene would be like but Semester 2 turned out to be good, DCU has the unique style of mixing dublin (north and south) folk and country folk, without the pathetic divisions that can be heard from the UCD crowd and for this reason I dont wish I was anywhere else

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭taby

I accidently kinda went to DCU - i.e put it way way down on my CAO list and ended up with it. But in the end Ive been very glad of how lucky i was and wouldn't have it any other way cos my course has been great, ive met really some of the best people i could possibly have met and have had erm some fun. I'd always recommend DCU for science cos its so hands on. I'm sad cos next year is my last. *sniffles*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Polly19

Im the same I accidently came here but I love it.Seeing UCD you can lost there and never find your way out here in DCU its a small place and easy to get around and u have everything you need :D

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Landa2

if you think you want to go somewhere else, try DIT kevin street, and you'll quickly change your mind. im looking at heading in your direction next year after finishing a 2 year course in that other hole. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭sroberts82

Having been at both I can safely say UCD is much better than DCU, though DCU is pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭thefuturehead

first off: of course college is what you make of it. but having said that, there's still an undeniable lack of atmos and craic on campus at times. no matter how many clubs and socs you're in, or how many times you go to the bar. because most of the time when you go to the bar - there's no-one there!

secondly: there's nowhere i'd rather be than dcu. aw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭bragan

first off: of course college is what you make of it. but having said that, there's still an undeniable lack of atmos and craic on campus at times. no matter how many clubs and socs you're in, or how many times you go to the bar. because most of the time when you go to the bar - there's no-one there!

secondly: there's nowhere i'd rather be than dcu. aw.

Collage is what you make of it. Don't think it comes down to which collage your at, but more what kinda person you are. People have to make there own craic. I'm in third year now. for the first two years, the bar was much better. not sure what went wrong this year, i suspect first years are to blame, as there usually the people bunking of lectures, and in the bar all the time.

and yeah, i like DCU and wouldn't want to go to any other collage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

At first when I didnt really no anyone I thought I had made a mistake but then once I got to know more people and socs and clubs yadda yadda yadda I havnt regretted it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement