Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US Scientists Predict Bad Year For Storms

• 18-05-2005 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

I heard yesterday on ABC's TONIGHT WITH PETER JENNINGS program, that US Scientists predict something like 12-15 tropical storms, with 7-9 of them turning into hurricanes. Also it said about that many people in Florida are still living in temp-housing and there is just not enough construction companies to cope with all the work.

I'll try and find some stories to back up what i have said. :)

[EDIT]
    Conrad C. Lautenbacher Jr., head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, predicted 12 to 15 tropical storms, seven to nine of them becoming hurricanes, and three to five of those major hurricanes, with winds of at least 111 mph.

ABC News

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

It also looks like we are going to have an early start to the hurricane season. Tropical Storm Adrian in the Pacific is expected to make it into the Gulf of Mexico as a depression, but not until it hits western parts of central America as a Hurricane.

But all the signs are for a very busy hurricane season in the Atlantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

I take it you can't wait, like me then billy?

[EDIT]
    Adrian is now a hurricane. And will slowly degrade and hit the Cubian islands at around 35-39mph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Indeed I find hurricanes and storms of this type very interesting.

Especially as on the rare occasion with the Atlantic stormswe can sometimes get a taste of them here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Dale

Well lucky you (Ireland) you get them first, then I (England) get the left overs :\

Imagine that, i got knocked out by a chair from your house. How weird would that be.

Advertisement