Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U magazine is AWFUL

• 17-05-2005 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Am I alone in thinking U magazine is utterly terrible?
    I buy it most months purely for the fashion pages, but it gives me a laugh to look at the appalling standard of journalism in the rest of the magazine....their 'celeb interviews' are just quotes that have been stolen from other magazines, and their letters pages (I have it on good authority) comprised mostly of made-up letters.

What say everyone else?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

if its so bad don't buy it! i only bought the one with the free chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

As I said, I only buy it for the fashion pages, it's handy to know what's in the shops without having to traipse around and look! :)

Maybe you should write in and complain for making you buy it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

why are these types of magazine the only sort to be found in waiting rooms, do they assume all people waiting are corrie-loving old biddies :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

parasite wrote:
    why are these types of magazine the only sort to be found in waiting rooms, do they assume all people waiting are corrie-loving old biddies :mad:
    prolly cos its the cheapest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Its fashion pages are fairly lacklustre in comparison to British Vogue and Elle. If I were to read a fashion magazine, it would be either or both of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

ha nothing is worse than nuts for men it is tripe - it had a thing about the sony psp and reviewed in how it would affect your life under the headings: Lager, Birds, Football, Curry
    no joking it used those headings!
    There was also about 100 pictures of english girls called "Charlene" or "Lindsey" modelling football jerseys or short.
    Its such an english lout magazine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

At last count, the last 28 issues of Nuts are lying around in the backroom in work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

Superman wrote:
    ha nothing is worse than nuts for men it is tripe - it had a thing about the sony psp and reviewed in how it would affect your life under the headings: Lager, Birds, Football, Curry
    no joking it used those headings!
    There was also about 100 pictures of english girls called "Charlene" or "Lindsey" modelling football jerseys or short.
    Its such an english lout magazine

Em... are you saying this is bad????????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I think he is. Its not just bad, its sh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I've come to the conclusion that all English language fashion magazines suck - they assume their readers are all brain dead gimps. French, Italian and German ones are slightly less irritating and have nicer clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

At last count, the last 28 issues of Nuts are lying around in the backroom in work.
    BURN THEM ALL! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,527 ✭✭✭✭Victor

eth0_ wrote:
    their 'celeb interviews' are just quotes that have been stolen from other magazines
    Ever hear of a press release? Joint interview?

Advertisement