Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is dual layer worth?

• 17-05-2005 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Quick question I bought the Gericom laptop that was on sale in Aldi a while ago,See here just got an email from them the other day, saying that they might not be able to get a dual layer dvd, and would it be ok if they just send an ordinary 8x dvd burner with it?
    What do you think?
    AM i missing out? , i dont know why i would need dual layer,
    should i ask for some sort of compensation or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Don't bother with dual layer, single layer is plenty. Blank dual layer discs are €15 on Sony Style at the moment! And I haven't seen them anywhere else yet. They will, I suppose, eventually come down in price, but probably not for at least a year. Even then, they will not be exactly twice the price (or less) of an ordinary single layer disc. Not very good value.

Anyway, I've found that burning long movies (eg 6GB) to a single-layer blank DVD (only 4.3GB) works just as well as a full copy; any quality loss due to the compression is almost unnoticable. Of course, I'm referring to movies that aren't copy-protected.. :D

Advertisement