Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Take Away Pizza

Options
  • 17-05-2005 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭

What's the best take away pizza in cork? Can't stand 4 star (it;s the closest to me)

I'm living in Blackrock, I presume most places will deliver to here.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I'm mad about Apache Pizza but it seems to be a love 'em / hate 'em thing. The Bishopstown one used to deliver to me in town, but I think I'm screwed now in Ballinlough. Wouldn't touch 4 Star with a barge pole. Yeuuch.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Jaysus, I love Four Star, I think its the best by a long shot.

Zicos near Crisot Ri is quite nice also.

I know many will come and say Donnatellos, but I think their pizza is very average.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Apache pizza can only be compared to tesco value pizzas. Four star is rather nice but not as nice as donatellos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Molly wrote:
    Apache pizza can only be compared to tesco value pizzas. Four star is rather nice but not as nice as donatellos.

Thou shalt not mock the 75c pizzas!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Food fair up by the Briar Rose do lovely pizza.... Cheaper than all those bloody take away places too.

although yes... granted that it is actually a supermarket... but a fine one at that!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

G'wan ya poser rymus! You'll be doing your weekly shop in O'Driscolls in Ballinlough next!

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

dahamsta wrote:
    I'm mad about Apache Pizza but it seems to be a love 'em / hate 'em thing. The Bishopstown one used to deliver to me in town, but I think I'm screwed now in Ballinlough. Wouldn't touch 4 Star with a barge pole. Yeuuch.

adam

Apache pizza sucks. Well the one in Mallow does anyway. "tasted" two of their pizzas and you wouldn't feed them to an animal!

I find that some of the chippers do better pizzas than the chains, but you have to wait longer for them.

Some of the frozen ones are grand. Paidrigins (sp?) in Bandon is supposed to be very good. You can buy frozen versions in Dunnes in Blackpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

dahamsta wrote:
    G'wan ya poser rymus! You'll be doing your weekly shop in O'Driscolls in Ballinlough next!

adam

I'll have you know roysh, that I loike totally only go there for the atmosphere loike. I mean ohh my god, I'd so totally rather be in tesco's or micheal guineys loike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭the evil belly

try uncle petes pizza in mahon. 021 4356711. say hi to me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

You could have a look at http://www.takeawayfood.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,941 ✭✭✭✭Stark

In order for me:

1) Donatellos
    2) Apache/Four star pizza
    3) Dominoes.

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

Gino's in town- i dont think they deliver, worth the drive in my opinion though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Apache Pizza in UCC (Kampus Kitchen) is the worst pizza I've had.

It's consistently bad too. They are done at nowhere near a high enough temperature, and large parts of the bread and crust are completely uncooked. The bread is left very doughy indeed, and the cheese is cold and "chewy". They must be cooking them under a lightbulb or something.

There was a survey done a few months ago around campus and recommendations were made on how each of the food places in UCC could improve. The #1 recommendation for Apache was "Longer cooking times", although they still haven't gotten their act together.

Domino's and Four Star on Washington St. are a much better bet if you're looking for pizza close to college.

Advertisement