Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bad Players

Options
  • 17-05-2005 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭

I generally dont like hearing things like 'i might play that game as theres a lot of bad players in that game' or 'he's a fish' i really dont think anyone has the right to say things like that against others unless they have a history of winning $5,000 MMT's and upwards. Otherwise if you havent done well in big tournies then who are you to be saying these things.
    However last night in a $50 heads-up game i came across a player that i for the first time had no hesitation labelling as a bad player.
    Get this, it wasnt until the 14th hand until he made a single raise :eek: Whenever i raised he folded save for a couple of occasions he called. I tell ya when he raised for the first time in hand 14 i would have folded aces!. There were even a few hands like these.

check/check ---check/check ---check/check ---check/check dealer:charliesdad wins with 2 pairs jacks& 7's

check/check ---check/check ---check/check---Dealer: 'rounders raises to 120'---'charliesdad calls'---'charlies dad wins with 3 of a kind queens.

The second example was the second biggest move he made in the game. The game went on as i raised and he folded until he was down to 600chips(2,000 starting chips) when i got pocket Q's and after the flop 2-8-Q he raised i re-raised and he raised all in and flipped over 2x. So the one time he got agressive was with bottom pair :confused: .
    It was the closest thing to being given a walk as ive ever had. I was thinking about it a lot and different things were going through my head like maybe it was charliesdad's wife who was playing on his account after finding out about an infidelity. Or perhaps charliesdad is a rich prospector who was found out about holdem yesterday and set up an account and decided to start very low stakes.
    But i did find it astonishing that it was hand 14 until his 1st raise. And him winning unraised pots with 2 pairs and upwards :confused: .
    Wouldnt it be great if everyone played like this. I would give up the day job in an instant!.

Anyone else have any similar experiences?.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

I tell ya when he raised for the first time in hand 14 i would have folded aces!.

Why, what did you think he could have that has you beaten? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Why, what did you think he could have that has you beaten? :)

That guy would have raised only with a straight or a full house :)
    he didnt even raise with trips for chrissake! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

lol, thought you meant preflop!

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

what i dont understand is that there was 2 pots (at least) where it went check check to the river

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ZZR1100 wrote:
    what i dont understand is that there was 2 pots (at least) where it went check check to the river

Well it was such a farce that there was no need for me to raise if i didnt have the cards. So when i had nothing i checked to the river. Because if i raised without cards and if he had something good he would just call so it would be waisted chips. The thing is when i had nothing and we were checking to the river many times on these unraised pots he would have top 2 pair or top pair winning just the blinds. So he made it easy for me by practically never raising. He did call my minimum raises occasionally which is how i accumilated the majority of chips.

His favourite book was listed as: Win by intimidation

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭DeLaBass

oh dear, the word sucker comes to mind. But really, how could anyone actually be that bad, i really am lost for words...?!?!

On the other hands i found myself in some heads up yesterday and lost to the luckiest hand i've come across in a while. I'm shortstacked, and go all in with pocket 9-9. He calls with 10-4 (??) Board comes 4-4-x-10-x I could only laugh about it really. Bot!? :confused:

Advertisement