Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 in the BB. Call or fold?

Options
  • 17-05-2005 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

You are at the final table of a $3+R online satelite to the IPT supsat in Dublin. 1st is a ticket worth $356. Nothing for 2nd.

There are 9 players left. You have 28K in chips, blinds are 800/1600. CL has about 36K so you are in reasonable shape.

UTG+1 pushes all in for 11K and its folded around to you in the BB. He has been at your table for over an our and has pushed twice with QQ and has basically been picking his spots well and playing solid poker.

You have 22. Call or fold?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

fold

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭allin-king

Your 50 / 50 at best, i think it would be a bad call in that spot.

its a lot easier to push with 2 2 than call with it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

FYI I was not the player in the BB. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

fold fold fold!

dont see how anybody could call here.

IF he doesn't have a pair you are pretty much guaranteed he has two overs (unless he is playing wildly with 2 3!) And if he has been playing solidly he probably has either a higher pair or two face cards (even though the card value won't matter)

cant see how you could commit almost half your stack with cards like that. The best you could hope for is for him to be holding A 2 or something.

You would be ahead if he only has two overs but i never fancy my chances with the mighty ducks. Then again...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Call and if you lose type in the chatbox: "Damn, misclick!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭biteme

NickyOD wrote:
    FYI I was not the player in the BB. :D

go on then tell us the bad beat..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

You will have to put an extra 9400 chips into the pot in order to win a pot 22800 chips big, so your hand needs to be good 41% of the time. In order for your hand to be good at least 41% of the time utg + 1 would need to be pushing on almost any ace and broadway hands like KJ and KQ.

I was the player UTG+1. Because of the horrible structure I had probably seen about 5% of flops after the add-on so I was basically sitting and waiting, picking my spots to push, and any hands that were show were all big pairs. On this occasion though I pushed with AK. He called instantly and his ducks held up. I don't think its a terrible call when you are playing for first but only if its a live game and you've got some sort of helmuthian read on your oponent. He was chip leader with 8 left but he went out 7th. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

I was looking forward to getting on the same Table as you Nicky - I went out in 12th... One standard double raise of the blind from the button every one else folded, SB calls and I'm BB. I find myself with QQ I go all in. Button has my 23K covered and calls - SB folds - Button has AA and I'm gone. Personally I would have folded 22 in the other guy's position - imho it's only ever worth pushing 22 if you are in a comanding chip lead over the opponent - I've qualified twice via VC for the IPT finals and found that it is essential to get a good stack of chips before the rebuy period finishes otherwise you are bullied off pots that you would otherwise win. Also there are some very lose players - one pot early on I was involved with had three callers to a raise and I'm last to act. By the turn it was pretty clear to me that nobody had anything but I had a draw so I bet a reasonable amount, one player folds the other calls. The river brings a card that is unlikely to help anyone so again it is checked to me. I have nothing but am sure that a bet will take down the pot so I bet about half the pot and get called - The guy has A4os and takes it with ace high lol - needless to say he didn't last much longer - oh well there's always tonight.

Fatboydim wrote:
    oh well there's always tonight.

Yeah I saw you on the list. With that structure you could almost justify seeing 50% of flops before the rebuys ended in order to build a stack but I actually had less the 3 buy-ins after the add-on and still got up to 22K at one point but lost half when I misplayed 99 against the eventual winner. Atleast someone made use of my chips! The field is seriously weak. If you had a chip lead going into the final table and had half a brain you'd have to be unlucky not to take it down. I'll most likely be playing these all week. I'd forgotten how soft the NL ring tables are on VC. Made $80 while playing the tourney at the .25/.50 tables. Can't believe you an sit down with 200BBs. Never saw that before. Most of the fish on VC sit down with between $20-$40 and its $100 max buyin. :rolleyes: Free Money!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

NickyOD wrote:
    You are at the final table of a $3+R online satelite to the IPT supsat in Dublin. 1st is a ticket worth $356. Nothing for 2nd.

Nicky, when are these sats on, are there any more? Can someone with a PPP account play them, or are they exclusive to VC players?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Respect to SavageBeat for winning it. Solid player and all round nice chap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SavageBeat

Wombatman wrote:
    Respect to SavageBeat for winning it. Solid player and all round nice chap.

Thanks Dude. Your not too bad yourself :D
    Enjoyed playing last night. It was a loose table. I even called All-INs twice with pocket pairs and lost to two over cards. In HU pocket pairs is slight favorite. A virtual coin flip. I was chip leader when I called the first time and was able to take the hit, the second time it put me joint short stack. I would have to think hard and long before I would do it though with the possibilty of being knocked out. I would have prob folded the 2's in this situation.

SavageBeat wrote:
    Thanks Dude. Your not too bad yourself :D
    Enjoyed playing last night. It was a loose table. I even called All-INs twice with pocket pairs and lost to two over cards. In HU pocket pairs is slight favorite. A virtual coin flip. I was chip leader when I called the first time and was able to take the hit, the second time it put me joint short stack. I would have to think hard and long before I would do it though with the possibilty of being knocked out. I would have prob folded the 2's in this situation.

You played the best tourney and deserved to win. Well done. We were at eachother's table the whole tourney. I had a vital hand against you with 99 when I raised your blind about 3.5BBs from the CO. Flop came 4-x-T with 2 diamonds. You pushed and I called off half my chips to your Q-T. Its easy to say now it was a piss poor call but my thinking was I am playing for first and first only and if I won that hand I'd have been chip leader at the time. Well played, see you in Dublin and stay away from tonights satellite. :p I want in on the cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Well done Savage I was sitting on your left untill I lost the run of myself with a suited KJ, the game was a laugh and the company good crack.

BBoyle.

That nutbag STEAKBOY who was at our table last night is in again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

NickyOD wrote:
    That nutbag STEAKBOY who was at our table last night is in again tonight.

I must have played at least 250 stts with that guy, hes a very pleasant chap.

I must have played at least 250 stts with that guy, hes a very pleasant chap.

Does he raise 7BBs UTG with Q7o often? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 SavageBeat

NickyOD wrote:
    Well played, see you in Dublin and stay away from tonights satellite. :p I want in on the cheap.

Thanks Dude. Yep see ya in Dublin, it's gonna be fun regardless. :)
    Don't think it will benefit playing tonight, cause you can only win one seat, right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

NickyOD wrote:
    Does he raise 7BBs UTG with Q7o often? :eek:

At the risk of sounding stupid, whats UTG?

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Under The Gun .... First to Act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭meepmeep

Ahhh........thanks :)

Advertisement