Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joan of Arcadia Season 2 (Living)

Options
  • 16-05-2005 11:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch the season 2 premiere on Living this evening? I really enjoyed it, acting was top notch, all the various plot strands worked very well and the soundtrack was great (particularly the use of Nelly Furtado's "Try" as the end).

Also if anyone has been downloading episodes could they please refrain from spoilers, thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye it was good...ive seen the whole season though already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

I just ont understand what people see in this programme.I have only seen two episodes, one of which revolved around builing a boat/ark and thought it was pretty pedestrian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

It can be pretty slow-moving and uneventful, at times, but it's all about the relationships more than the quirky premise. So it just depends on whether, as a TV viewer, you like family dramas really. As a rule (e.g. Everwood) most family dramas unfold at a slow pace, so as to reflect real life.

TCamen, season 2 of Joan goes pretty well up to ep 8 ("Friday Night"), but after that takes an awful dip and really only recovers by season's end. Not as strong as the first
    by a long mile, but it has its moments.

I think it needs something of a shake-up for season 3, though - something to maybe give it more of an edge; What I'd be aiming for is more of what we saw in the pilot (certainly the original pilot, which was much darker), ep 12 where Rocky died (the intro to that was very spooky), and the scene in the same episode where God showed her how she would not cope with knowing 'everything'.

I agree this season wasnt as good as last...but i liked the twist near the end of the season,i do hope it actually gets picked up!

It's rated relatively well this year, though not as highly as last year. It even got a reference on Everwood recently, which is another sign of how well known it is.

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't renewed. Should know before the end of the week when CBS publishes its schedules. (I see another youth series, Jack & Bobby has already bitten the dust.)

• Advertisement

ye im really sad Jack and Bobby didnt get ratings,it was a brillianr show.

doh.ie wrote:
    it just depends on whether, as a TV viewer, you like family dramas really. As a rule (e.g. Everwood) most family dramas unfold at a slow pace, so as to reflect real life.

I havent seen Everwood so I cant comment.Guess I dont really like that kinda family drama.What other programmes wud u classify as family drama?

Tristram wrote:
    I havent seen Everwood so I cant comment.Guess I dont really like that kinda family drama.What other programmes wud u classify as family drama?

Not saying that all of them are necessarily good, but family dramas are basically those which revolve around a primary family. They'd take in current shows: Everwood, 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, American Dreams, The Days, Joan of Arcadia, Summerland, Jack and Bobby

and blasts from the past, including:
    Our House, Promised Land (the Touched by an Angel spin-off), I'll Fly Away (though that was for an older audience), Life Goes On...

Another one bites the dust...

Joan of Arcadia has been cancelled by CBS.

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve_main/1,1002,271|95375|1|,00.html

OK, so it wasn't as good as the first year and needed some serious tinkering-with, but the show wasn't awful. God will be furious.

doh.ie wrote:
    Not saying that all of them are necessarily good, but family dramas are basically those which revolve around a primary family. They'd take in current shows: Everwood, 7th Heaven, Gilmore Girls, American Dreams, The Days, Joan of Arcadia, Summerland, Jack and Bobby

and blasts from the past, including:
    Our House, Promised Land (the Touched by an Angel spin-off), I'll Fly Away (though that was for an older audience), Life Goes On...

ah, k.I can definitely say I dont like family dramas, altho i did enjoy Jack & Bobby.

lol@God will be furious.He mite be happy?misrepresentation and whatnot?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I don't have Living but I've seen season 1 and I thought that it wasn't bad...

SO what are networks at?

Jack and Bobby
    Joan of Arcadia
    Third Watch
    Carnivale
    8 Simple Rules

anything else?? are they trying to kill off all the shows i like? :p

thats prolly it man, they are finding out what programmes u watch and systematically cancelling em all.For the love of god stop being so selfish and give up tv!

Tristram wrote:
    thats prolly it man, they are finding out what programmes u watch and systematically cancelling em all.For the love of god stop being so selfish and give up tv!

umm...no!

/me shakes head

;p

Advertisement