Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epsom Derby - AntePost bets

Options
  • 16-05-2005 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you have got some antepost bets for the Derby.
    I've backed the following.... (all on betfair)

Dubawi - 32.0 (€10)
    Shamardal - 110.0 (€10)
    Mountain High - 60.0 (€20)

The first two are looking a little foolish now - Shamardal is looking like a miler. Dubawi could be anything - bred for the Derby distance, but ran a stinker in Guineas - apparently not liking the ground or the dip. Firm ground and downhill in Epsom....not good !

I picked the last one for no other reason other than taking a guess at which Stoute runner would get the nod. He's drifting a little now so maybe its not such a good guess !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

with the expect rain over the next few days Dubawi mightn't be a bad bet for the Irish 2000 Guineas this weekend. Available on betfair at around 9/4.
    Not going to back him until I see how the ground turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭decies

Have gypsey king on betfair but only at 7.8.
    missed out when he went through the roof.
    holding out for liverpool to win champs league at 2.86

footstepsinthesand probably out - dubawi is only 6/4 now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,355 ✭✭✭Morgans

I backed Scorpion ew for the Derby at 25s. He is the 3yo that has impressed me most this season and mightnt be that price should he win on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

I'd have to agree with Scorpion being a decent priced chance for the derby especially with reports that Motivator won't run unless the ground is on the soft side of good which is unlikely to happen.

• Advertisement

delighted with Dubawi's win. Backed it at 6/4 this morning. Backed it for a small bit more at 7/4 before the off.

Still not sure of him staying the Derby distance - but very impressive win today.

love it when it works out !!! sometimes when you keep the faith with a horse you get burned. I lost out at Newmarket but got it back today. Feels good !!

Mountain High is out - Stoute won't have a runner in the Derby, Kalamkar is also out.

Looks like Dubawi is all I'll have in the Derby. that'll do me !

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

9/2 dubawi on bluesq

motivator 5/2

Advertisement