Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Survivors

Options
  • 16-05-2005 10:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭

One thing that struck me today is the fact that all the main survivors (Jack, Kate,Sawyer, Charlie, Claire, Boone & Shannon, Sayid, Locke, Walt & Michael, Jin & Sun, Hurley) survived the crash without losing anyone they knew. They were either flying alone or anyone they were with also survived.

It may be nothing but it is a big coincidence. In fact the only person we know to have 'lost' anyone is Rose (if you are a avid reader of the lost forum and the thread in 'television' you will know my thoughts on Rose. And it questionable now whether he husband is dead or not - she doesn't think so.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I reckon the flashbacks kind of explain how they all came to be on the plane and each of them were there at a low of sorts and alone as a result of it
    Jack with his dead dad, Charlie coming back from trying to get his brother to come back to the band, Sayid from claiming his friend's body, Kate being transported (she lost the guard i suppose, he was beside her), Sun and Jin were together, Michael and Walt were together, Locke was returning from being refused from the retreat thing, Claire going to give up her child, Hurley returning from talking to the guy with the numbers (I can't remember the exact specifics of one or two so I might be wrong)

So these coincidences were kind of explained :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I understand the circumstances of them being on the plane etc - its just strange that they have that in common

Hyzepher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Hyzepher wrote:
    I understand the circumstances of them being on the plane etc - its just strange that they have that in common

Hyzepher
    It seems like this is kind of ai important plot point on the island. Each survivor (or at least the main ones, the important ones) are all there under extraordinary circumstances. A feature of the island is that nearly everyone was down and out when they got to be there and the island's kind of giving them a second chance of sorts or a period away from their messed up lives.

It's definitly not meant to be a coincidence they all happened to be on the same flight at a similar low-point in their lives... as we've seen most of them
    were either not supposed to be on that flight and changed last minute (Sayid changing flights to claim his friend) or begged to get onto that particular flight (Jack getting his father on)

Anyway yeh, the odds of them all being on the plane at the time being alone and down and out are low and I'd say this is going to be a big point about the island in episodes/seasons to come

Advertisement