Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are these bands coming from...

Options
  • 16-05-2005 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

What about the amazing music coming from Canada... i'm almost ready to move if I hear another great band. Just bought Destroyalldreamers latest-"À Coeur Léger Sommeil Sanglant" and I am still waiting to come out of a trance!

Anyone else like them? Dreamy Frenceh Canadian Prog-rock that follows and calls like the past and leaves you like a lover...terrific stuff.

If anyone is interested they are on a label called - where are my records-

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

downloaded the tracks off their site and the swirling colours one sounds *very* similar to the style of teh last sigur ros album. where did you buy the album from?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,571 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Arcade Fire and The Postal Service are other great canadian exports. Canada is the new Detroit!

i didn't know the postal service as a package were canadian! death cab aren't are they? yeah second the arcade fire thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

Broken Social Scene as well, another good Canadian band.
    and i think i should give an honerable mention to William Shatner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Tyrrial wrote:
    Broken Social Scene as well, another good Canadian band.

so true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Via Volta wrote:
    What about the amazing music coming from Canada... i'm almost ready to move if I hear another great band.
    Tegan & Sara xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

broken social scene, metric, feist, stars, tegan and sara... canadais seemingly the place to be from

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

i didn't know the postal service as a package were canadian! death cab aren't are they? yeah second the arcade fire thing :)

I'm pretty sure they're not. Ben Gibbard, and Death Cab, are from Seattle. Jimmy Tamborellololololo is from LA.

I'm open for correction on that though.

yes i thought that about ben gibbard alright, didn't know about jimmy tar......

don't forget godspeed, joni and leonard c :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

aren't ambulance ltd canadian as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

... and hot hot heat, the stills, the unicorns, the dears, wolf parade, stars, death from above 1979...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

And the legendary Neil Young

And Fly Pan Am and A Silver Mt Zion and Skinny Puppy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Via Volta

where did you buy the album from?

Knew someone who was in visiting Canada and asked them to pick me up a copy. If your really interested you can buy from the site -http://www.destroyalldreamers.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Bryan Adams, Celene Dion, Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Sum 41...

Bryan Adams, Celene Dion, Alanis Morissette, Avril Lavigne, Sum 41...

lol, every silver lining has a cloud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Don't forget the greatest Canadian band ever... The Hooters.
    Dreamy Frenceh Canadian Prog-rock that follows and calls like the past and leaves you like a lover.

Whatever you say Mr 6th Form Poetry / Industry PR Man. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

Arcade Fire and The Postal Service are other great canadian exports. Canada is the new Detroit!
    I heard Arcade Fire on Jools Holland last week. Very, very good stuff. Canada seems like the place to be!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

FS. I'm planning on goin to Canada for a year after college.
    /me thinks again.

Arcade Fire are overhyped shíte. Where ever all these bands are coming from I hope they end up in the bin sooner rather than later.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yes, everyone... you're all wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PersonalJesus

Yup Ambulance LTD are from canada, but there drummer is from ballymena in n.ireland.

Canada really is producing some kick ass new indie bands.

I love the stills last album, and Arcade Fire is very much on heavy rotation in my mansion.

And Neil Young records taught me how to play guitar.

And Neil Young records taught me how to play guitar.

I was going to pack in the guitar until my uncle gave me a lend of a Neil Young songbook

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I was going to pack in the guitar until my uncle gave me a lend of a Neil Young songbook

I'm not sure why, but I read this as being slightly damning of Ol' Neil's technique.

magpie wrote:
    I'm not sure why, but I read this as being slightly damning of Ol' Neil's technique.

How's it damning? I was sick of all these standard guitar things that I was trying to learn. Nothing seemed exciting or fresh. Then I started playing Neil Young and it gave me a rush. Not damning in the slightest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Via Volta

magpie wrote:
    "Dreamy Frenceh Canadian Prog-rock that follows and calls like the past and leaves you like a lover. "
    Whatever you say Mr 6th Form Poetry / Industry PR Man. :mad:

Nope, just a big fan mate...but if that upsets you, maybe we can talk to admin about getting some sort of ban on talking about new music!

Signed - Mr 6th Form Poetry / Industry PR Man :)

Advertisement