Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBC Shows renewed!.. 'Scrubs' back mid-season & 'The Office' renewed!

Options
  • 16-05-2005 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭

'Scrubs' won't be back til mid-season. 'The Office' renewed suprisingly!

They're the only important one's in my eyes. The rest below:
    Monday
    8 p.m. Fathom
    9 p.m. Las Vegas
    10 p.m. Medium

Tuesday
    8 p.m. The Biggest Loser
    9 p.m. My Name Is Earl
    9:30 p.m. The Office
    10 p.m. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Wednesday
    8 p.m. The Apprentice: Martha Stewart
    9 p.m. E-Ring
    10 p.m. Law & Order

Thursday
    8 p.m. Joey
    8:30 p.m. Will & Grace
    9 p.m. The Apprentice
    10 p.m. ER

Friday
    8 p.m. Three Wishes
    9 p.m. Dateline NBC
    10 p.m. Inconceivable

Saturday
    8 p.m. Movie

Sunday
    7 p.m. Dateline NBC
    8 p.m. The West Wing
    9 p.m. Law & Order: Criminal Intent
    10 p.m. Crossing Jordan

RETURNING LATER IN THE SEASON:
    * Fear Factor
    * Scrubs

ON-THE-BUBBLE SHOWS RENEWED:
    * The Office
    * Will & Grace

BUBBLE SHOWS DISCARDED:
    * Committed
    * Law & Order: Trial By Jury (USA Today said only last month it was a shoo-in for renewal!!)

CANCELLED EARLIER THIS SEASON:
    * American Dreams
    * Father of the Pride
    * Hawaii
    * LAX
    * Medical Investigation
    * Third Watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Yeah NBC aren't doing well at all I hear - 4th in 'Sweeps' for the first time in their history very recently apparently? Not good news at all. Will & Grace will be gone by this time next year - I'd put money on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

NoelRock wrote:
    Will & Grace will be gone by this time next year - I'd put money on that.
    Then there is a god...! :D

Yeah... haven't seen much of the sweeps figures but i'd imagine ABC are doing especially well (with 'Lost' and 'Desperate Housewives') and typically, Fox are probably doing well ('The Simpsons', 'Malcolm', 'Family Guy').

• Registered Users Posts: 55,467 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

And as a followup to that, ABC's list is as follows:
    Monday
    8 p.m. Wife Swap
    9 p.m. Monday Night Football

Tuesday
    8 p.m. According To Jim
    8:30 p.m. Rodney
    9 p.m. Commander-in-Chief
    10 p.m. Boston Legal

Wednesday
    8 p.m. George Lopez
    8:30 p.m. Freddie
    9 p.m. Lost
    10 p.m. Invasion

Thursday
    8 p.m. Alias
    9 p.m. The Night Stalker
    10 p.m. Primetime Live

Friday
    8 p.m. Supernanny
    9 p.m. Hope and Faith
    9:30 p.m. Hot Properties
    10 p.m. 20/20

Saturday
    8 p.m. Movie

Sunday
    7 p.m. America’s Funniest Home Videos
    8 p.m. Extreme Makeover: Home Edition
    9 p.m. Desperate Housewives
    10 p.m. Grey’s Anatomy

TO RETURN AT MIDSEASON:
    * The Bachelor
    * Jake in Progress (USA Today said only last month it was “gone (or nearly dead)!!)

ON-THE-BUBBLE SHOWS RENEWED:
    * Jake in Progress (USA Today said only last month it was “gone (or nearly dead)!!)
    * Less Than Perfect
    * Rodney (USA Today said only last month it was “gone (or nearly dead)!!)

ON-THE-BUBBLE SHOWS DISCARDED:
    * Blind Justice
    * 8 Simple Rules
    * Eyes

* The Benefactor
    * Complete Savages
    * Life as We Know It
    * NYPD Blue

NEW SHOWS:
    * "Commander-in-Chief." Hourlong comedy-drama, from writer-director Rod Lurie (“The Contender,” “Line of Fire”), about the first female U.S. president. It stars Geena Davis (“The Geena Davis Show”), Kyle Secor (“Homicide,” “Veronica Mars”), Julie Ann Emory (“In the Line of Fire”), Leslie Hope (“24,” “In the Line of Fire”), Donald Sutherland (“Cold Mountain”), Ever Carradine (“Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back”), Caitlin Wachs (“Thirteen Days”) and Harry Lennix (the “knuckle-up!” guy from the “Matrix” series).

* "Freddie." Sitcom, written by Freddie Prinze Jr. (!) and someone named Conrad Jackson, about a successful chef raised by females. With Prinze (“Scooby Doo 2”), Megyn Price (“Grounded For Life”), Jenny Gago (“Coach Carter”), Jacqueline Obradors (“NYPD Blue”) and Brian Austin Green (“Beverly Hills 90210”).

* "Hot Properties." Sitcom, from writer Suzanne Martin (“Frasier,” “Maybe It’s Me”), about young Manhattan realtors in love. It stars Gail O’Grady (“American Dreams”), Sofia Vergara (“Soul Plane”), Audra Blaser (“Bandidas”), Nicole Sullivan (“Mad TV”), Stephen Dunham (“Monster-in-Law”), Amy Hill (“50 First Dates”) and Evan Handler (“Sex and the City”).

* "Invasion." Sci-fi hourlong, from writer Shaun Cassidy (“American Gothic,” “The Agency,” “Cold Case,” “The Mountain”), about a small town secretly plagued by extraterrestrial body snatchers. It stars Eddie Cibrian (“Third Watch”), Kari Matchett (“5ive Days to Midnight”), Ariel Gade (“Envy”), Evan Peters (“Sleepover”), Tyler Labine (“My Boss’s Daughter”), William Fichtner (“Crash”), Liz Sheridan (“Seinfeld”), and Aisha Hinds (“The Shield”).

* "The Night Stalker." Supernatural thriller, from writer-director Frank Spotnitz (“The X-Files”), about a journalist named Carl Kolchak who believes his wife’s murder is tied to forces of the uncanny. It stars Stuart Townsent (“League of Extraordinary Gentlemen”), Gabrielle Union (“Bring It On”), Cotter Smith (“X2”) and Eric Jungman (“Not Another Teen Movie”).
    MIDSEASON:

* "Crumbs." Sitcom, from writer Marco Pennette (“All About The Andersons,” “I’m With Her,” “What I Like About You”), about two brothers running their family’s business following the deaths of their parents. It stars Eddie McClintock (“The Sweetest Thing”), Fred Savage (“Austin Powers in Goldmember”), Maggie Lawson (“Inside Schwartz,” “It’s All Relative”), Jane Curtin (“3rd Rock From The Sun”) and William Devane (“24”).

* "Emily's Reasons Why Not." Sitcom, from writer Emily Kapnek (Nickelodeon’s “As Told By Ginger”), about a 30-year-old book publicist recovering from a nasty breakup with a cheating author. It stars Heather Graham (“From Hell”), Nadia Dajani (“View From The Top”) and Smith Cho (“Faking the Video”).

* "Evidence." San Francisco procedural hourlong, written by Dustin Thomason and Sam Baum (the TV-Movie “Young McGyver”), centering on a police inspector who lost his wife to a brutal murder. It stars Nikky Katt (“Boston Legal”), Michele Hicks (“The Shield”), Orlando Jones (“Evolution”) and Martin Landau (“Hollywood Homicide”).

* "In Justice." Procedural hourlong, from screenwriter Robert King (“Clean Slate,” “Speechless,” “Vertical Limit”), about defense investigators who work to free the wrongfully convicted. It stars Jason O’Mara (“Band of Brothers”), Daniel Cosgrove (“All Souls,” “Van Wilder”) and Constance Zimmer (“Good Morning, Miami”).

* "Sons and Daughters.” Family sitcom written by two guys named Fred Goss and Nick Holly. It stars Goss (Bravo’s “Significant Others”), Desmond Harrington (“L.A. Dragnet”), Jerry Lambert (“Wake Up, Ron Burgundy”) and Gillian Vigman (“After the Sunset”).

* "What About Brian." Hourlong, from writer Dana Stevens (“For Love of the Game,” “Life or Something Like It”), about a thirtysomething man who realizes he’s the last of his clique to get married. It stars Barry Watson (“7th Heaven”), Polly Shannon (“Street Time”), Amanda Detmer (“The Majestic”), Matthew Davis (“Blue Crush”), Rosanna Arquette (“The L Word”), Raoul Bova (“Alien Vs. Predator”) and Rick Gomez (“Sin City”).
    Lost is back (surprise surprise :)), but I'm sorry to see Eyes go - I really liked that show.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

how did you ABC's announcement? they havnt made it yet! unless they did this morning...ALias on thursday? why take it away from Lost when ti was doing so well?

• Advertisement

ummm i wonder how they got it before it was even announced!?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Why hasnt 'Joey' been cancelled yet?Its terrible but i guess ppl watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,799 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Tristram wrote:
    Why hasnt 'Joey' been cancelled yet?Its terrible but i guess ppl watch it?
    All the clinging-on 'Friends' fans who just can't let go...

Show is crap... will be definantly scrapped next season.

I hope so neway.

Reminded of sum1 elses quote "Matt LeBlanc isnt an actor, he just plays one in Friends".

• Registered Users Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭Töpher

They cancelled Father Of The Pride and leave Joey running? Unbearable! Where's the A-Bomb when ya need it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Einst&#252 wrote: »
    They cancelled Father Of The Pride and leave Joey running? Unbearable! Where's the A-Bomb when ya need it?!

Not meaning to defend Joey or anything but Father of the Pride was complete and utter garbage.

NBC have had a desperate year to be honest... I remember seeing the previews of their upcoming, 'exciting' shows: Hawaii, LAX, Joey and Father of the Pride... heh, what a difference 10 months makes...

CBS Schedule just announced. Old reliables Amazing Race, Survivor, CSI renewed. Numb3rs renewed (yay!), and some interesting new shows announced - Lost's William Mapother starring in new sci-fi show, and check out the great cast in The Unit (starting mid season). Judging Amy, and Joan of Arcadia are both dead
    Monday
    8 p.m. The King of Queens
    8:30 p.m. How I Met Your Mother
    9 p.m. Two and a Half Men
    9:30 p.m. Out of Practice
    10 p.m. CSI: Miami

Tuesday
    8 p.m. NCIS
    9 p.m. The Amazing Race
    10 p.m. Close To Home

Wednesday
    8 p.m. Still Standing
    8:30 p.m. Yes, Dear
    9 p.m. Criminal Minds
    10 p.m. CSI: New York

Thursday
    8 p.m. Survivor
    9 p.m. CSI
    10 p.m. Without A Trace

Friday
    8 p.m. Ghost Whisperer
    9 p.m. Threshold
    10 p.m. Numb3rs

Saturday
    8 p.m. Repeats
    10 p.m. 48 Hours

Sunday
    7 p.m. 60 Minutes
    8 p.m. Cold Case
    9 p.m. Movie

ON-THE-BUBBLE SHOW RENEWED:
    * Yes Dear

BUBBLE SHOWS DISCARDED:
    * Joan of Arcadia
    * Judging Amy
    * Listen Up

* Center of the Universe
    * Clubhouse
    * Dr. Vegas
    * Everybody Loves Raymond
    * JAG

NEW:
    * "Close To Home." Hourlong, from writer Jim Leonard (“Night Visions,” “Thieves,” “Skin”), about a young mother and freshman prosecutor working cases of suburban crime. It stars Jennifer Finnigan (“The Bold and the Beautiful”), Christian Kane (“Angel”), John Carroll Lynch (“Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire”), David Starzyk (“Free Enterprise”) and Kimberly Elise (“The Manchurian Candidate”).

* "Criminal Minds.” Hourlong, written by somebody named Jeff Davis, focusing on FBI profilers. It stars Mandy Patinkin (“Dead Like Me”), Lola Glaudini (“The Sopranos,” “The Handler”), Thomas Gibson (“Dharma & Greg”), Matthew Gubler (“The Life Aquatic”) and Shemar Moore (“Birds of Prey”).

* "The Ghost Whisperer." Hourlong, from TV-movie writer John Gray (the remakes of “Brian’s Song” and “Helter Skelter”), about a newlywed who sees dead people. It stars Jennifer Love Hewitt (“Garfield”), Aisha Tyler (“CSI”) and David Conrad (“Relativity,” “Miss Match”).

* "How I Met Your Mother." Sitcom, from writers Carer Bays & Craig Thomas (“Last Show With David Letterman,” “American Dad”), about a man who recounts to his kids the story of their parents’ courtship. It stars Alyson Hannigan (“Buffy the Vampire Slayer”), Neil Patrick Harris (“Doogie Howser, M.D.”), Jason Segal (“Freaks & Geeks”) and Josh Radnor (“The Court”).

* "Out of Practice." Sitcom, from writers Christopher Lloyd & Joe Keenan (“Frasier,” “Bram and Alice”), about a family of doctors. It stars Paula Marshall (“Cupid,” “Snoops”), Christopher Gorham (“Jake 2.0,” “Medical Investigation”), Henry Winkler (“Arrested Development”) and Stockard Channing (“The West Wing”).

* "Threshold." Sci-fi hourlong, from writers David Goyer (“Blade: Trinity”) and Brannon Braga (“Star Trek: Enterprise”), about a government analyst leading scientists and military in response to the arrival of an extraterrestrial lifeform. It stars Carla Gugino (“Karen Sisco”), Charles S. Dutton (“Roc”), Brent Spiner (“Star Trek: Nemesis”), William Mapother (“Lost”) and Robert Benedict (“Felicity”).

MIDSEASON:
    * "Everything I Know About Men." Sitcom, from writer Fred Barron (“Caroline in the City,” “Union Square”), about a single advertising executive’s romantic adventures. It stars Jenna Elfman (“Dharma & Greg”), Lauren Tom (“Bad Santa”), Dabney Coleman (“The Guardian”), Hugh Bonneville (“Stage Beauty”) and Rhea Seehorn (“I’m With Her”).

* "The Unit." Hourlong, from writers David Mamet (“State & Main,” “Heist,” “Spartan”) and Shawn Ryan ("The Shield"), about the lives of Delta Force agents. It stars Dennis Haysbert (“24”), Amy Acker (“Angel”), Robert Patrick (“The X-Files”), Scott Foley (“Felicity”), Michael Irby (“Line of Fire”), Regina King (“Miss Congeniality 2”) and Max Martini (“Taken”).

Ah Survivor my old friend...lol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

They got rid of Joan of Arcadia. It sucks, but I thought it was popular.

It was,but dropped a bit second season,any other network and it would have been ok,but not on CBS.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Zoton

* "Freddie." Sitcom, written by Freddie Prinze Jr. (!) and someone named Conrad Jackson, about a successful chef raised by females. With Prinze (“Scooby Doo 2”), Megyn Price (“Grounded For Life”), Jenny Gago (“Coach Carter”), Jacqueline Obradors (“NYPD Blue”) and Brian Austin Green (“Beverly Hills 90210”).
    :eek: Nooo! Freddie Prinze Jr.! He's literate too? :confused:

Here is the FOX line up for before and after Christmas.

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: FALL 2005
    (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT
    8:30-9:00 PM KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL
    9:00-10:00 PM PRISON BREAK

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM BONES
    9:00-10:00 PM HOUSE

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THAT '70s SHOW
    8:30-9:00 PM STACKED
    9:00-10:00 PM HEAD CASES

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM THE O.C.
    9:00-10:00 PM REUNION

FRIDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THE BERNIE MAC SHOW
    8:30-9:00 PM MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE
    9:00-10:00 THE GATE (working title)

SATURDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM COPS
    8:30-9:00 PM COPS
    9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED
    11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

SUNDAY
    7:00-7:30 PM Animated Encores
    7:30-8:00 PM KING OF THE HILL
    8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
    8:30-9:00 PM THE WAR AT HOME
    9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
    9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

FOX PRIMETIME SCHEDULE: BEGINNING JANUARY 2006
    (All Times ET/PT)

MONDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM HOUSE
    9:00-10:00 PM 24

TUESDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM AMERICAN IDOL
    9:00-10:00 PM BONES

WEDNESDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THAT '70s SHOW
    8:30-9:00 PM STACKED
    9:00-9:30 PM AMERICAN IDOL
    9:30-10:00 PM THE LOOP

THURSDAY
    8:00-9:00 PM THE O.C.
    9:00-10:00 PM REUNION

FRIDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM THE BERNIE MAC SHOW
    8:30-9:00 PM MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE
    9:00-10:00 THE GATE (working title)

SATURDAY
    8:00-8:30 PM COPS
    8:30-9:00 PM COPS
    9:00-10:00 PM AMERICA'S MOST WANTED
    11:00 PM-MIDNIGHT MADtv

SUNDAY
    7:00-7:30 PM Animated Encores
    7:30-8:00 PM KING OF THE HILL
    8:00-8:30 PM THE SIMPSONS
    8:30-9:00 PM THE WAR AT HOME
    9:00-9:30 PM FAMILY GUY
    9:30-10:00 PM AMERICAN DAD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Pretty good lineup on fox. Im so glad they brought back arrested development.

yep,where would we be without it! :D

Advertisement