Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going to tenerife?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

im going at the end of july. know of any good session spots?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Irish Musician

Hi chilly.
    Which resort?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

yea i'm gona aswell, how many of yas goin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

I'm not going but iv'e been there about 6 times. If you are going to Playa de las Americas or Los Christianos(the 2 most common resorts) then there is a big row of nightclubs on the seafront(i forget what its called). There is live music in a an area called the "Patch". This would be older stuff. There are also some irish pubs dotted around the place. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

veronica's strip in las americas is a good laugh but when you're over there seriously watch yourself and dont go near veronica's at night alone and drunk. stay in groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

funk-you wrote:
    veronica's strip in las americas is a good laugh but when you're over there seriously watch yourself and dont go near veronica's at night alone and drunk. stay in groups.
    yeah, think of it as a really ot sweaty version of temple bar!

there's plenty else to do apart from getting bladdered. if there's a group of you going, there's almost no way to have more fun with your mates than a jetski race. on the beach at santiago 3 in lost christianos, there's a good spot for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

also book a booze cruise for your last day-trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

also, if any of your 'friends' *cough cough* fancy some chemical stimulation, stay clear of the africans, and go to the timeshare guys. i guess you'll know the type of person to be looking for.

not that i would be advocating that kind of thing though, obviously.

although i've heard that the balls of coke are a very bad idea. what happens is that some dealers wrap their coke in little tiny balls made from plastic bags and use a lighter to kind of shrink wrap it, so it's sealed, so that in the event that they get pulled by the cops they can just swallow them so they can get rid of the evidence without losing potential profits. you wouldn't want to be hisd first customer after asearch now would you? go for the little plastic bags tied with string anyway and stick to the paler dealers, if you get my meaning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭bounceymousey

hi
    i came back from tenerife 2 weeks ago. Veronica's strip is a definite must. Sound of Cream too. But the best place is Tramps! It usually stays open till 5 in the morning. Just be careful of the LUCKEY LUCKEY men! Trying to sell stolen sunglasses and chains and watches to you while your drunk!!!
    But if your going to do something during the day, theres a go-karting course outside playa de las americas, which is CLASS! Its €16 but well worth it. Just walk around the place and you will see a van with the place advertised on it and someone will take you there! Loro Parque in Puerto de la Cruz is cool too!Its a big zoo but we all had a great day there!

But this got us fed up :confused: Theres these people on scooters that go around offering cheap drinks, and money back!!! SAY NO!!!! We got caught out by it on the first day and we regret SOOOOO MUCH!!!!

Hi Bouncey
    The Lookie lookie men do sell cheap imitations(very cheap) but they are not stolen generally they will leave you alone if you give them a polite no thanks.What happened to you with these guys on scooters regarding free drink?I havent heard of this one before.

Hi musician,
    Ok, on the first day we were walking around in playa de las americas, this guy came up to us. He spoke really fast (just to make his offer convincing). Anyways, there was a pub crawl on the last nite we were in tenerife. He gave us a card with the names of bars on it. We get 1 euro off every drink and he said if we drink 33 drinks we would get 33 euro back!! Sounded good!! Also we would of got free tickets to go and see dave pearse!! But naturally we had to pay 33 euro up front!! Here was the con!!!We never got money back but for every drink we got, that was a euro back!! We all decided not to go on the pub crawl because we had no money. It was the last day of our holidays! But he came to each of our apartments with a bottle of champagne free! So not all bad

• Advertisement

Hi bouncey
    did you get any money back from any of the bars?Did you save anything from it at all or was it all supposed to happen on the pub crawl?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

going today!!!!!!!!!!!1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

im actually not going any =more!! Im meant to be over there at the moment but lack of funds!! Hey johnerr where you staying? My mates(10-15 altogether) are stayin in paraiso del sol. Look out for people from ballinteer....

i think it was supposed to happen on the pub crawl. didnt get any money back cos we couldnt be arsed looking for the fella who sold the ticket to us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 solas69

ahhh summer 2005…..take me back. Met two sisters from the north in Las americas that summer. Belfast I think. Two stunners. Always wonder how they ended up.

Advertisement