Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboarding

Options
  • 16-05-2005 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭

I've built a longboard and learnt to not kill myself on the hills of limerick. Problem is, there don't seem to be many longboarders or any sort of organised longboarding community around the country. Can anyone tell me otherwise? Any popular spots or any sort of organised outings going on?

cornbb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

i think da phoinex park is supposed to be good but tats no good to ya if ya live in limrick...saw two ppl in da der last week on longboards

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭coreilly1

What part of the pheonix park was it smois?I go mountainboarding there the odd time,theres some good grass/dirt hills but not too many road hills I thought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

its a road dat is closed its near enough to da cross...beside all da football pitches

ah,i see.Selling a Longboard deck if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

theres a lad in waterford into it he has a webpage up on it you should be able to find with google, he's with W.I.T college skate club.Theres a few lads bomb bray head also , the only organised comp was a red bull downhill race in bray a few years back.

• Advertisement

Yeah I remember seeing that advertised on the net and getting really excited only to realise I was about 10 months too late.They should be more regular.Red Bull seem to be the ones to go to about it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GCOOKY83

i will fight you coreilly. A smorgasboard of hurt awaits you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭rideordie

I once smashed a longboard using a baseball bat..but that's maybe off topic :D

Advertisement