Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is yours?

Options
  • 16-05-2005 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

This is a list of my favourite rappers ever

1. Chuck D
    2. Jay-Z
    3. Ludacris
    4. Spice 1
    5. GZA

So, with that said, who are yours? Feel free to say what you want about my list.

Holla if ya hear me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Optikus

1.Method Man
    2.ODB
    3.Slick Rick
    4.Biggie Smalls
    5.Mos Def

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

B I G P O PP A
    No info for the D E A

Jaysus, Biggie, what a legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Lamar

emmm is it just me or are you guys forgettin 2pac....biggie smalls sucks......he could barely breathe..forget bout rappin!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

No offence to you guys but it is only my opinion. if y'all like Pac and biggie thats up to you. I ain't hatin' cos they do have some good stuff, but I think they are over-rated and only as popular as they are cos they got shot dead.

LMAO - he could hardly breath

Holla if ya hear me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Nate Dogg

Big L
    Kurupt
    Cormega
    Nas
    RZA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭David19

Probably:

Nas
    Jay-Z
    Biggie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

Few of the top of my head:
    Chuck D
    Mos Def
    Redman
    Vinny Paz
    Chali 2na

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

evil_seed wrote:
    No offence to you guys but it is only my opinion. if y'all like Pac and biggie thats up to you. I ain't hatin' cos they do have some good stuff, but I think they are over-rated and only as popular as they are cos they got shot dead.

They where already considered the best rappers before they died. There is no real best rapper anyway cause its all peoples personal opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Lamar wrote:
    emmm is it just me or are you guys forgettin 2pac

It's just you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

Lamar wrote:
    emmm is it just me or are you guys forgettin 2pac....biggie smalls sucks......he could barely breathe..forget bout rappin!!

Biggie clearly had a better flow than 2pac.
    Kristok wrote:
    There is no real best rapper anyway cause its all peoples personal opinion.

Thats why he says favourite rapper, not best...

Anyway a few of mine at the minute:
    Immortal Technique
    NaS
    Brother Ali
    Mr.Lif
    Masta Ace
    Abdominal
    KRS's BDP stuff

@ evil_seed, whats up with the inclusion of Ludacris in there? i wouldnt really rate him as an MC, he's had a few commercial/pop hits and thats about it.

• Advertisement

ubu wrote:

Thats why he says favourite rapper, not best...

Anyway a few of mine at the minute:
    Immortal Technique
    NaS
    Brother Ali
    Mr.Lif
    Masta Ace
    Abdiominal
    KRS's BDP stuff

@ evil_seed, whats up with the inclusion of Ludacris in there? i wouldnt really rate him as an MC, he's had a few commercial/pop hits and thats about it.

A lot of people rate Ludacris. Obviously he's not the best lyrically but he has a lot of energy. I like him. Nas puts Ludacris as one of his top 5 rappers.

Luda is there cos he's in my top 5 favourites. He's not in my top 5 greatest, but lets not get into that cos things could get ugly. I think Luda has an amazing flow and his punchlines and wit is just feckin "grrrreeat"

Holla if ya hear me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Abdominal
    KRS 1
    Michael Franti
    Melle Mel
    Mos Def
    Guru
    Snoop on doggystyle,lately i'm not too impressed with him,
    most recent would be D-Sisive but i've only got one album of his,and a few tracks from the format album and one or two on Circle Research's and Abs & Fase albums.

many others that i cant think of right now

ubu wrote:

..............and a better flow turns you into a better rapper does it?its all that counts is it?
    somehow I and alot of people dont agree with that........................... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

1. Parappa
    2. Snoop
    3. Dre
    4. Foxy

Lamar wrote:
    ..............and a better flow turns you into a better rapper does it?its all that counts is it?
    somehow I and alot of people dont agree with that........................... :D

OK, you said he could barely breathe, never mind rap, i said he had a better flow than 2pac, who you were championing, bare in mind were talking about the act of rapping, ie. the flow, not lyrics or image or whatever other reason you love 2pac so much for, now do you need me to break this down any more for you?

Isnt it great how everytime someone starts one of these threads it ends up in an argument.

I dont know if im able to make up a favourite rapper list i have so many favourites. 2pac and big are 1 and 2 but after that I like different people for different reasons.

ubu wrote:
    OK, you said he could barely breathe, never mind rap, i said he had a better flow than 2pac, who you were championing, bare in mind were talking about the act of rapping, ie. the flow, not lyrics or image or whatever other reason you love 2pac so much for, now do you need me to break this down any more for you?

and you also think that the "act of rapping" is just the flow.........................
    dude if you think that go back into the box that you came from...i'll even tape it up while your in it :D

Lamar, cop yourself on or i'l slap you with a ban, stop fagging up threads with your "tupac rulz you all suck" bullshít

echomadman wrote:
    Lamar, cop yourself on or i'l slap you with a ban, stop fagging up threads with your "tupac rulz you all suck" bullshít

Haha I'm glad someone said something!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I don't listen to rappers, I listen to emcees.

1. Cunninglynguists.
    2. Immortal Technique
    3. Mac Lethal
    4. Necro
    5. Atmosphere (Slug)

I don't listen to rappers, I listen to emcees and I dont drink coke, I drink cola. Get off your high horse they might be better but they are no different than chingy at the end of the day its all talking over music.

dlofnep wrote:

Dude, whats the ****in difference. Don't be a prat!!!!

Holla if ya hear me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

dlofnep wrote:

They're the exact same thing chief.
    Stop trying to be oh so elite.

^^^What they said
    dlofnep wrote:

em yea like, everyone knows tupac is the only true emcee, seriously though, alot of people need to get past the whole 2pac is the greatest stage in their development and discover a whole world of much better music out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The term rapper is associated with the garbage genre that is "gangster rap". Infact, it's the likes of tupac that has ruined hip hop associating it with guns drugs and all that nonsense.

Real emcees express themselves not through saying **** every third word. Rappers & Emcee's are NOT the same thing. You have garage and drum n' bass emcees, but they are NOT rappers. Don't be angry at me because you misconstrue terms and throw them around everywhere.

Tupac was a joke, so was Biggie. The real emcees are the ones expressing themselves about real matters, loss, politics, obstacles and not guns, drugs and bitches.

if thats the proper definition then well said. i thought that "mc" stood for master of ceremonies, for the likes of awards shows and such. but in hip hop its "emcee". it looks more "street" but its still mc. so for me they're still the same. oh well

Holla if ya hear me!

Jesus what a load of rubbish. And if you havnt noticed this is the RAP/hip hop forum.

echomadman wrote:
    cmon dude what u pussies gonna do.....you said you'd kick the **** outta mw so cmon.......you gonna give me a cyber ass whopping!!

• Advertisement

actually, i didnt see that post

perma-ban

Advertisement