Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First episode

Options
  • 15-05-2005 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭

Just watched the first episode, about to watch the second.

It kinda feels like a cross between The Langoliers and King Kong. I like it so far, I hope it isn't ruined by some guy in a monkey suit :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,795 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Glad to see you're enjoying it, Giblet!

Keep watching... it gets better and better!! ;)
    Giblet wrote:
    I like it so far, I hope it isn't ruined by some guy in a monkey suit
    Well.. you never do know! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Ive just seen the first 2 epps as well cant wait to get my hands on the rest!

Ive just seen the first 2 epps as well cant wait to get my hands on the rest!
    Like i said, it does get even better! Keep watching!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Locke

Just down load the 22 episodes, or wait for the DVD which goes on sale in late may in the US

Locke wrote:
    Just down load the 22 episodes, or wait for the DVD which goes on sale in late may in the US
    US DVD not on sale til early September, Locke. September 6th to be precise:
    (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JNOG/qid=1116200261/sr=8-1/ref=pd_csp_1/104-5461503-4151918?v=glance&s=dvd&n=507846)

And downloading is illegal and should not be discussed on this forum... by us or our "American cousins"! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

yeah the first few episodes are good, but things don't really take off till Yoda and Mr. T show up riding a t-rex to battle with the monster which turns out to be a ninja humpback whale that has grown legs. After that battle you just can't stop watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Just watched Lock do his thing, crazy bastard.
    Crazy Cripple

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

sionnach wrote:
    yeah the first few episodes are good, but things don't really take off till Yoda and Mr. T show up riding a t-rex to battle with the monster which turns out to be a ninja humpback whale that has grown legs. After that battle you just can't stop watching.

phew at least you didnt reveal that
    the island is actually controlled by an atari jaguar

Giblet wrote:
    Just watched Lock do his thing, crazy bastard.
    Crazy Cripple
    Ah...
    so you've seen the excellent 'Walkabout'?
    Impressions?... when i first saw it, i was blown away!! Probably one of the best endings to an episode in any TV series in recent years! That revealation should go down in history.

In fact, some online website conducted a poll of the most influential episodes in recent times in TV. The pilot of 'Lost' and 'Walkabout' were both in the Top 5. Think they both may even have been Top 3 - will try and find a link!
    madrab wrote:
    phew at least you didnt reveal that
    the island is actually controlled by an atari jaguar
    Don't give it all away!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

i've seen the 1st 3 episodes. cant wait to see further into it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

I have just start watching this show 7 eps in one night and i can easily say its one of the best original dramas to come out of the US.Great character development and backstories hopefully watch 7 more tommorrow.
    P.S Basquille has great taste in T.V shows

Brock wrote:
    I have just start watching this show 7 eps in one night and i can easily say its one of the best original dramas to come out of the US.Great character development and backstories hopefully watch 7 more tommorrow.
    P.S Basquille has great taste in T.V shows
    Glad you're enjoying it Brock.

Keep watching... definantly one of my favourite TV shows right now and i would even go as far as say my favourite show ever!!

You'll see why in a couple of episodes time when you can discuss in length even the smallest of incidents / revelations that occur on the Island in length with people on the forum.

PS - another two more seasons of 'Arrested' also! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

just watching the 2nd episode on RTE.
    POLARBEARS?WTF!one!11!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

@basquille

Did as you suggested and im hooked!!! More,I want more..

mad m wrote:
    @basquille

Did as you suggested and im hooked!!! More,I want more..
    Good!..

... believe me, you will get more and more hooked as it goes on! :D

Enjoy!!

Yeah i hope so.How many episodes will i be looking forward to?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

25 glorious episodes in S1 so 23 more to go :)

mad m wrote:
    Yeah i hope so.How many episodes will i be looking forward to?
    All depends really.. in the entire first season.. there are 25 episodes!

Pilot was 2 episodes... and the season finale is 2 episodes as well.

And also ABC (who broadcast it in the States) showed a little catch-up episode during the season as well. Don't know if RTE2 will show that... probably not!

You have plenty more episodes to go.. and each episode getting more and more thrilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Way too many ads.

Wow,im enthrawled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,908 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    And also ABC (who broadcast it in the States) showed a little catch-up episode during the season as well. Don't know if RTE2 will show that... probably not!

I'd say they will on the basis that they showed the Desperate Housewives recap as well. (Both that and Lost: The Journey were fillers by ABC during one of the many tedious breaks between episodes of both series, shown at the end of April.)

Hardly counts as an episode, really, but there's still something about the voiceover that goes "..and what if your faith... is restored...?" that made it very much worth watching for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

Watched the 1st episode tonight, intruiging to say the least. I shall deffo be glued to it every week now. So that's Sunday night=24, Monday night=Lost, Tuesday night=Enterprise, Wednesday night=The Bill, Thursday night=The Bill, Friday night=pub, Saturday night=pub. Ah that's the life alright. :D

Note to self:
    Don't walk in front of jet engine when it's still on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Locke

Just keep watching folks , you will all enjoy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Holy crapola , just watched the first two episodes last night and im hooked!Really really good idea for a TV program!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Yeah it's like one of those tv shows with celebrities trying to survive on an Island except they're not celebrities but actors, acting out a script which is really good.

All the ads seriously though, what's with that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ruck-it

blah wrote:
    Yeah it's like one of those tv shows with celebrities trying to survive on an Island except they're not celebrities but actors, acting out a script which is really good.
    Charlie is a celebrity!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Holy crapola , just watched the first two episodes last night and im hooked!Really really good idea for a TV program!
    And you doubted me...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

ruck-it wrote:
    Charlie is a celebrity!!

as is mike
    if you watched oz that is (and several movies as well; matrix2&3, romeo and juliet, etc)

and loche

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ruck-it

madrab wrote:
    as is mike...and loche
    No Charlie is a celbrity in the show!! He's the bassist from Driveshaft

Advertisement