Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Hills have Eyes

Options
  • 15-05-2005 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

Is it any good, ive been tempted to buy it so many times but i never go through with it, is it worth buying?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I thought it was fairly over-rated.

But then again, I'm not a fan of Wes Craven at all.

Gentlemen! BEHOLD!
    Pointless Remake!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I thought it was fairly over-rated.

But then again, I'm not a fan of Wes Craven at all.

Gentlemen! BEHOLD!
    Pointless Remake!!

I wouldnt call it pointless...the original is quite dated at this stage.

Look who is writing and directing the remake, Alexander Aja the man behind Haute Tension.

It could turn out pretty well if it's done properly. Could be next years Dawn of the Dead, as long as they don't aim for a PG13 rating in America.

Look who is writing and directing the remake, Alexander Aja the man behind Haute Tension.

And Hideo Nakata directed The Ring 2. What's your point?

And Hideo Nakata directed The Ring 2. What's your point?

His point is that its a decent director...regardless of how bad Ring 2 was.

• Advertisement

My point was that Alexander Aja has proven that he can handle a horror film properly. The way he slowly builds tension and creates a sense of underlying threat, is a credit to his writing and directing.

Nakata is a great director but the script for Ring 2 was poor. Ehren Kruger can pen a decant film but he lacks the ability to create tension. Which is what all the great horror films do best.

So I'm going to lok forward to the Hills Have Eyes and hope that the talent Aja showed with Haute Tension was'nt a one off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

what was this thread about again?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

kinkstr wrote:
    what was this thread about again?

I think it was about Wes Craven being crap, but got hijacked by people wanting to escape his crapness and hoping that someone else's remake of one of his films might somehow manage to be good.

Either that, or it was about monkeys. I can never remember.

I bought 'The people under the stairs' but havent watched it yet...is it any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Fysh wrote:
    I think it was about Wes Craven being crap, but got hijacked by people wanting to escape his crapness and hoping that someone else's remake of one of his films might somehow manage to be good.

Either that, or it was about monkeys. I can never remember.

hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

I thought the original was very good, at the time. I bought the DVD myself last year, and thought that the film is looking horribly dated. Still watchable mind you, but it's no Texas Chainsaw.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

How old is that film i seem to rember it being around when I was a kid. Now if only I knew some one who had it and could loan it to me. Ah...

Does it have songs in it ;p
    I rember confusing this with the sound of music back in the day.

How old is that film i seem to rember it being around when I was a kid. Now if only I knew some one who had it and could loan it to me. Ah...

Does it have songs in it ;p
    I rember confusing this with the sound of music back in the day.

It's not the sound of music... but there are hills in it. ;)

I'll give ya a loan of it. ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

Thanks Peter!

So there are no Nazi`s either?

Thanks Peter!

So there are no Nazi`s either?

No nazi's, but there is a guy who suffers from a condition which means he has absolutely no body hair, sweat glands, teeth or fingernails!

Tusky wrote:
    I bought 'The people under the stairs' but havent watched it yet...is it any good ?

I think you'd be better off staring at a wall for 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Tusky wrote:

It's funny, but in the bad way :(.

Advertisement