Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Baby Shambles

• 15-05-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

So what did you think of last nights gig?

I thought it was excellent, better then i imagined!!!
    And why did Pete storm off? Was it cos of the security? Or did some one in the crowd do something? (Pete tired to jump into the crowd but the boucners and security pulled him out. Pete then trashed his mic and stormed off)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i was very close to tha supposed action towards the end and basically what happened was that people were trying to get on stage and one of the boucners lost it and started clobbering some poor eejit in the audience. pete saw this and clobbered the bouncer with the mic, then threw a huff and stormed off stage. afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭pyure

sigh, was supposed to get tickets to see them, completely forget about it with exams etc and then got to walk past the line of people queing on the way to the bus on saturday.
    really really annoyed :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭Frank Cronin

Hot Press' Babyshambles correspondent Steve Cummins reports from the Trinity Ball and the Ambassador Theatre

Pete Doherty Watchers had a field day at the weekend with the ever-shambolic Babyshambles singer appearing at the Trinity Ball and Dublin's Ambassador Theatre on consecutive nights.

Although parents of Trinity students had ample cause for concern, it was Doherty's Saturday night headliner at the Ambassador that proved the most hazardous experience, with reports of skirmishes between security personnel and members of the audience.

According to Hot Press' Steve Cummins, a seasoned Doherty Watcher who was in attendance for both Babyshambles appearances, the ruckus erupted during the song 'Wolf Man', when Doherty attempted to bring people onto the stage:

"Pete got very angry when he saw a skirmish down below between security and his fans. He threw his mic down at one of the bouncers and then he jumped down and reportedly started hitting one of the bouncers. His manager and one of the roadies had to pull him back onto the stage," says Cummins.

Earlier in the night there were doubts as to whether the Babyshambles singer would even be joining his band. Cummins recounts:

"Doherty had kept the crowd waiting long enough and the general feeling, about an hour after the support band came off stage, was that he wasn't going to show. When he did the place went mad. The gig itself was amazing, and certainly a vast improvement on the previous night at Trinity."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭technobob

was very dissapointed with the gig
    the crowd thast was there were moshing for alan wass's solo guitar support and generally acting the c*nt
    another group of lads next to me shouting "doherty your a w*nker" and throwing stuff at him and screaming for libertines tracks
    is it a libertine's gig?no
    i mean why bother going if your going to be acting the bol*ocks
    had seen them in the village and was so impressed by them that i couldn't wait for the gig,the energy and crowd at that gig was fantastic
    but saturday was shambolic(sic)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

technobob wrote:
    was very dissapointed with the gig
    the crowd thast was there were moshing for alan wass's solo guitar support and generally acting the c*nt
    another group of lads next to me shouting "doherty your a w*nker" and throwing stuff at him and screaming for libertines tracks
    is it a libertine's gig?no
    i mean why bother going if your going to be acting the bol*ocks
    had seen them in the village and was so impressed by them that i couldn't wait for the gig,the energy and crowd at that gig was fantastic
    but saturday was shambolic(sic)

IMO it was a storming performance by the band but as you say there were alot of d*ckheads at the gig that made it less enjoyable than the Village gig. The moshing during Alan Wass's solo was a f**king joke. The security picked on the people at the very front when it was the group of pissed f**kers at the back who were responsible for that. I have nothing a gainst moshing during a gig but when there are people who only go to the gig to mosh (and there were alot of them there on Saturday) it just makes it sh*t.

I was just infront of those f**kers who were chanting ''Doherty is a w*nker.'' I was about to give sh*t to them but I probably would have got my head kicked in by them.

Was it only me who thought there were an unusual amount of skangers at the gig? I dunno I must have been going crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Was it only me who thought there were an unusual amount of skangers at the gig? I dunno I must have been going crazy.
    Personally, I thought the Nathan Barley quotient was far too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

hell yes. we were fairly close to the whole 'pete-councer bashing' incident and all of a sudden there were like 48372 nafen bahhley types clamouring over me (i'd be fairly small now) to get a look.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

Yeah there was aload of nackers at the gig well from what I saw anyway. I've got nothing against moshing either but the people round me moshing really started to get on my nerves towards the end of the gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

"Stalking Pete Doherty" is starting on C4 in 10 minutes.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

after watching that pile of crap..i've come to the conclusion that pete is a gimp and the dude that made the documentry is also gimp...weirdos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tibor wrote:
    "Stalking Pete Doherty" is starting on C4 in 10 minutes.
    :rolleyes:

I thought it was the biggest load of sh*te i've watched in ages. The documentry wasn't about Pete, it was about some fat failed film maker going around trying to be his best mate. Oooooh gawwd Pete does heroin? Shock f**king horror. Such a crap programme. If I was Pete I would have done even worse damage to that c*nt Max Carlish. I hope that twat is enjoying his 15 minutes of fame. The programme did Pete more good than bad.

Advertisement