Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to buy???

Options
  • 14-05-2005 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some information on skateboards and hope someone can help me.
    I have a skateboarding mad son (9) who has for the past few yrs done without because i've been in college for the last few years and have not been able to afford to buy him what the rest of his pals have. He has been making do with an old wrecked board that i pick up from the market and has not once complained but is the best in the world and I would dearly love to buy him a decent board. Its his birthday soon,and i really want to suprise him, I cant ask him cause he knows money is tight and will just say he is ok and does'nt need anything (is he not the best son in the world!!) but it breaks my heart when i look at his pals shiny new boards and then look at his. I know this would be the best present in the world to him cause when he is not skating he is watching it on the telly so i really want to get it right.

Can someone give advice on what/where to buy. Im from Carlow so somewhere near here would be great.

lulu :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

to tell the truth the really top of the line boards are about €150 but I usually make do with the €20 or so ones from webbs(dont buy a metal board the suck major A**)ozbozz are fairly good boards but are harder than others to do tricks on(i broke mine tonight and have had it a few years)
    if you have the money i would reccomend a HuD(Hudson) deck of some sort get em in webbs for about €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DR.Pepper

I would recomend a Hud board aswell as they r pretty strong and relyable and they are suitable for beginers. the graphics are pretty apealing to kids aswell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

If you haven't got a board yet get down to Aldi. Surprisingly good quality boards (chinese ample . alloy trucks, PU wheels and bushings, proper bearings) for €15 and helmets for €8 Pads sets €8 too. I even got a helmet for meself for ramp city sessions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭smois

might get one of dem helmets myself

• Advertisement
Advertisement