Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Out Problem

Options
  • 14-05-2005 4:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

I've been trying to connect my laptop to my tv but have been experiencing some major problems.

I bought this set of cables from pc world, which basically go like this

Svideo -> S-Video ->Scart adapter ->Scart
    SPDIF -> Red & White Composite ->Scart adapter -> Scart

The problem being that the picture is fuzzy, rendering text unreadable and also whenever I try to play movies the player comes up black. The audio used to have some hiss beneath it, though, this has disappeared mysteriously and it now sounds perfect

I got it working perfect one time, though I've no idea how.

Apologies if this problem has been posted before. The search thing doesn't seem to be working.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

PC text on a TV screen usually will be fuzzy and unreadable unless it is very large. This is due to the low resolution of TV screens. With regard to video overlays being black: What graphics card have you got? My old laptop had an ATI radeon mobility. You could configure it to do different things with video overlays on TV out - I had it set to go fullscreen with the video whenever it was present. My new laptop has an nvidia geforce go 6600, and its TV out settings are totally different. You probably just need to fiddle about with the settings in your display control panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HOB-it

The problem being that the picture is fuzzy, rendering text unreadable and also whenever I try to play movies the player comes up black. The audio used to have some hiss beneath it, though, this has disappeared mysteriously and it now sounds perfect

seem to be working.

Jimi

Ive been having the same problems. the reason your avi files (or any video files for that matter) come up black is due to a box you need to tick on your advanced settings

Im at work so I cant tell you exactly but when you go to advanced settings click on the "displays" tab. here you'll see both your monitor and your tv. here you can select between the 2 as to where you want to direct your display (tv or monitor). beside each you'll see two blue buttons (one with a circle in side it and one with a square inside it). play around with there. i know with my own system you have to select both the buttons with the circle in it.

apologies for the low tech explanation but its monday and im going on memory

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭HOB-it

I've been trying to connect my laptop to my tv but have been experiencing some major problems.

The problem being that the picture is fuzzy, rendering text unreadable and .

also on this point. ive just posted a request for anyone with info on this. the reason i think its fuzzy is because your tv doesnt have an s-video connection. apparently s-video is very good and the image should be of a high resolution on your tv IF you're tv has an s-video connection. otherwise its very poor because your going from s-video to composite. ive asked if anyone knows of a good way to get your pc to tv signal improved. watch the link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=261975

Advertisement