Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WSOP sat final table. What's your move here?

Options
  • 14-05-2005 12:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭

Down to the last 8 in a WSOP satellite on Bodog. Only 1 seat up for grabs and there's nothing for 2nd.

You are in fairly bad shape in 6th/7th with 1800. Blinds 100/200

It's folded around to the Button who has 5.4K and he raises the minimum to 400. You have no info on his play. You have A-Jo. What's your move?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

are you SB or BB?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

doesn't matter . All in .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Is he a good player or a muppet?
    If he's good then he might have a monster and want to get action on it while still raising to get absolute crap hands to fold (in case 85o flops a random two pair).
    If he's bad then he might be making a very bad attempt at stealing the blinds.

I'd either push all-in or call and push on the flop. Can't see how you can fold this unless the blind levels are very long and you think you can find a better spot to build chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

NickyOD wrote:
    You have A-Jo. What's your move?

You didnt mention if you were in SB of BB but even if you were acting in SB AJ is a bit of a monster IMO. 3 handed i cant be waiting around for kk or AA if someone raises and even if raiser has 10 10 your only a small dog and even if he has an A high your kicker is likely to dominate his kicker. If im in SB possie in that situation i would call 'all in' to push BB off the pot. And with AJ v raiser i would be feeling i am at least a 50-50 shot if not ahead. This is an acceptable hand to go 'all in' if the button raises me. I would not hesitate, not for a second.
    I wouldnt just call and play the flop because youre practically committed for all your chips at that stage anyway. At least if you go 'all in' you are giving him a last chance to get out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

Sorry I was in SB. I pushed. He had QQ. I had no info on this player but there had been a lot of min raising going on throughout the satellite and the best hand shown so far with a min raise was 88. Forgot to mention the blinds were about to go up again so I figured I couldn't wait around. His QQ held up. Had a bitch of a beat just before that when I got 70% of my chips in preflop with KK against AK and he rivered his Ace.

• Advertisement

NickyOD wrote:
    He had QQ. Forgot to mention the blinds were about to go up again so I figured I couldn't wait around. His QQ held up. Had a bitch of a beat just before that when I got 70% of my chips in preflop with KK against AK and he rivered his Ace.

Well you should have no regrets as i dont think you did anything wrong. I dont mind going out of any tournament as long as im leading going into a showdown or i think i should be leading. If im outdrawn theres nothing to say 'damn i made a wrong move' about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭accensi0n

Well you should have no regrets as i dont think you did anything wrong. I dont mind going out of any tournament as long as im leading going into a showdown or i think i should be leading. If im outdrawn theres nothing to say 'damn i made a wrong move' about.

you do know QQ is better than AJo don't you?

:)

accensi0n wrote:
    you do know QQ is better than AJo don't you?

:)

lol
    well he wasnt to know raiser hels QQ now was he. Many of these blind steal raises are with nothing higher than K high so i was just saying it was value calling with AJ.
    Weve all passed a good hand like this only to go all in later on with a lesser hand because the of the blinds v amount of chips you have.

Advertisement