Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost - RTE2 - Monday 23rd at 9pm (not 10pm)

Options
  • 14-05-2005 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick note, i noticed in monomaniac's sig that the rumour seems to be that 'Lost' will start at 10pm on the Monday.

It is now confirmed that it will actually start: Monday 23rd May at 9pm on RTE2

Oh.. and i think DigiGuide may have gotten a bit mixed up with the correct details on it! :D Read on.. you'll know what i mean!
    Lost
    (Film)
    Time - 21:00 to 22:50 (1 hour and 50 minutes long).
    When - Monday 23rd May on RTÉ 2

Pilot.
    Parts 1 and 2. Stripped of everything, the 48 survivors scavenge what they can from the plane for their survival. Some panic. Some pin their hopes on rescue. A few find inner strength they never knew they had-like Kate who, with no medical training, suddenly finds herself suturing the doctor's wounds. The band of friends, family, enemies and strangers must work together against the cruel weather and harsh terrain. But the intense howls of the mysterious creatures stalking the jungle fill them all with fear. Fortunately, thanks to the calm leadership of quick-thinking Jack and level-headed Kate, they have hope. But even heroes have secrets, as the survivors will come to learn.
    Director: Guy Green
    Starring: Julia Arnall, Thora Hird, David Farrar, Anthony Oliver, David Knight, Eleanor Summerfield
    (Double Bill, 1957, 3 Star)
    See original DigiGuide article here!

EDIT: Curiosity got the better of me! Here's the film they're getting it confused with! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Thanks for the info basquille... mate was telling me it was on at 10 (he's on dial up and only has the 4 channels so he woulda missed it) better correct him

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

steveland? wrote:
    Thanks for the info basquille... mate was telling me it was on at 10 (he's on dial up and only has the 4 channels so he woulda missed it) better correct him
    No problem!

Best to let everyone know. Will post this confirmation of it's new time sometime next week (closer to the airdate) in the general 'Television' forum as we all know this is one show you don't wanna miss a minute of!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

basquille wrote:
    No problem!

Best to let everyone know. Will post this confirmation of it's new time sometime next week (closer to the airdate) in the general 'Television' forum as we all know this is one show you don't wanna miss a minute of!

As of tonight, RTE TWO's promos still say "Starts May 23rd", so expect all those to carry the 9pm start-time once Monday passes. They must be keen to get the regular Joey audience, and not allow the double-premiere episode to go to late by moving it to 9pm for the first week.

Hope it gets a decent preview in the RTE Guide and the newspaper TV supplements for next week as well. I expect nothing less from Heat magazine and the like when the E4/C4 launch comes along, but they have a habit in this country of not promoting something properly or knowing in advance that something deserves it. (Though, based on the Desperate Housewives fuss, it may be different this time. The cynic in me says that the Irish and UK launch of that being so close together helped keep the focus on it here, but we'll see...)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

it be honest doh i agree with you there,I think DH did so well because people had been seeing C4 and E4's non stop promotion with that great ad with the newspaper kid and then RTE showed a few ads and people realised it was on RTE before C4 so they tuned in then.

I really hope 'Lost' does well over here.. it deserves to!

I'm sure we'll be getting a couple of regular new members over here after a couple of episodes on RTE2. It'll be tough not to spoil upcoming plot developments for the newbies but we'll have to all try! :D

I'm still expecting a 10PM time-slot on Mondays after the pilot passes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Stickiefied cos this deserves to stay on top.

Also I've stuck the details into my sig so people will see it and when it starts :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Haven't seen it yet but gonna try catch it on Monday. Looks shinyshiny.

UnderGod wrote:
    Haven't seen it yet but gonna try catch it on Monday. Looks shinyshiny.
    You won't be disappointed, i promise!

Keep watching for a few episodes and we'll undoubtedly be talking to you in a couple of episodes time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Before Home & Away today, I caught a "Five days to go..." promo for the show.

Still not as good as the Pro Sieben countdown ones over at www.lost-fans.de, but
    for RTE at least it's something of an effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Good call basquille. Will it be on 9pm every monday or just this monday?

• Advertisement

monomaniac wrote:
    Good call basquille. Will it be on 9pm every monday or just this monday?
    It'll only be at 9PM for 2 hour long pilot.. and every week after that it will be on at 10PM following 'Joey' and 'Scrubs'. 'Scrubs' is a nice little lead-in for it as i saw the TV Ratings recently and it's still getting a lot of viewers!

And just to prove it's 10PM weekly slot (courtesy of TheCustard.TV).. plotline spoilerfied for those who haven't seen it:
    22:00

Lost (Drama)
    Tabula Rasa. Series 1, episode 3.
    Jack and Hurley discover Kate's secret while some survivors fear that the island's mysteries will cause panic.
    (PG, 4 Star)

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭DrEvil

Does anybody know if there's a repeat of the first 2 episodes?

DrEvil wrote:
    Does anybody know if there's a repeat of the first 2 episodes?
    Checked DigiGuide there... and no, i'm afraid not!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭ruck-it

doh.ie wrote:
    to get the regular Joey audience,
    There's a regular Joey audience??? Jesus. People will watch anything! I'd imagine Lost is far too clever for the majority of that audience ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

just wondering if this is going to get repeated during the week before next week...i missed the double episode last night as some idiot in my house was watching love island rubbish and only managed to get the last 10mins...looks very good

just wondering if this is going to get repeated during the week before next week...
    Look 2 posts above yours.... nope!

Advertisement