Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Guy Season 4 Episode 3 Blind Ambition Thread (Spoilers)

Options
  • 14-05-2005 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭

Thought Id start a thread for episode 3, which is broadcasting in America on Sunday, to speculate whats going to happen, and discuss the episode.

The Plotline Revealed so far is

Peter becomes jealous of his friends' achievements; Mort bowls a perfect game, Joe clears a guilty Quagmire of unsavory charges, and Quagmire accidentally saves a woman's life, and decides to break a Guinness record so that he can achieve something that he will be remembered for after he dies.

Another summery says that peter will try and break the record, for eating the most nickels, but ends up getting nickel poisoning and going blind.

They gotta have a Guinness/Drunken Irishman joke.
    Looks like they'll finally have quagmire in an episode.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

next time put in a poll lets us asee what every1 thinks of the episode

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I would, but it hasnt been shown yet, so hopefully on monday, the mod can put one in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Blisterman wrote:
    Thought Id start a thread for episode 3, which is broadcasting in America on Sunday, to speculate whats going to happen, and discuss the episode.

The Plotline Revealed so far is

Peter becomes jealous of his friends' achievements; Mort bowls a perfect game, Joe clears a guilty Quagmire of unsavory charges, and Quagmire accidentally saves a woman's life, and decides to break a Guinness record so that he can achieve something that he will be remembered for after he dies.

Another summery says that peter will try and break the record, for eating the most nickels, but ends up getting nickel poisoning and going blind.

They gotta have a Guinness/Drunken Irishman joke.
    Looks like they'll finally have quagmire in an episode.

When can this be downloaded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,932 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Monday morning

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

I heard ages ago that Kiefer Sutherland would be appearing in an episode of Family Guy as Jack Bauer. Has anybody heard anything more about this?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

My American cousin unexpectedly died so could someone pm me the address to their American cousin. I'd be very grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MrPinK

The MPAA have been shooting a lot of American cousins lately

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The Mean Party of American Aunts have been scolding their children (i.e. my "cousins") lately about using their VCRs too much. It's resulted in my favourite cousin being sent to his room and I don't think he's going to be allowed play anytime soon :( It might be possible to talk to him in secret somehow, I really can't say for sure.

For now though I'm trying to contact different cousins who may not be subject to the same abuse!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Indeed, last night I discovered my American cousin had been shot.
    Oh how I wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

pretty poor episode tbh,

first two were a lot better.
    <snip>

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,796 ✭✭✭✭Basq

ShevY wrote:
    pretty poor episode tbh,

first two were a lot better.

<snip>
    Don't say that to me..! Found last week's episode disappointing enough without hearing this one was worse!

.. and yes, i noticed my favourite American cousin died unexpectedly last night! :(

Eventually found another way to get the package over

That out of nowhere extended fight scene with the chicken was awful

⛥ ̸̱̼̞͛̀̓̈́͘#C̶̼̭͕̎̿͝R̶̦̮̜̃̓͌O̶̬͙̓͝W̸̜̥͈̐̾͐Ṋ̵̲͔̫̽̎̚͠ͅT̸͓͒͐H̵͔͠È̶̖̳̘͍͓̂W̴̢̋̈͒͛̋I̶͕͑͠T̵̻͈̜͂̇Č̵̤̟̑̾̂̽H̸̰̺̏̓ ̴̜̗̝̱̹͛́̊̒͝⛥

Stark wrote:
    That out of nowhere extended fight scene with the chicken was awful
    Sounds like a rehash of the chicken fight in 'Da Boom'?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

No way, the PART 2 of the chicken fight was great

Came out of nowhere, even less predictable then the Da Boom episode, and also we knew he would come back cos at the end of the first fight his eye opened. Brilliant

WellyJ

Pretty bad episode overall unfortunately. Did pick up a bit towards the end. Enjoyed
    Stewie with the boy racer speakers on his stereo.
    Lois without makeup.
    The star wars bit at the end.
    That bit with Peter climbing into bed with Chris was just disturbing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

i really like the episode it brought back lots of familier faces
    number of spoilers
    the sex scene was funny, as was teh tumbler coming back, crack and pop was funny to, also the joke about bonnie was funny and tom tucker "comin up next watch me shave"

this episode really does wat family guy does best but it does go over the top but it is funny.

Its going really slow for me and the status wont change to green... getting 1k.

bahahaha.

I thought that episode was fantastic.
    the rice crispy guys bit was hilarious, the star wars bit at the end was great too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Yeh tusky i agree, i REALLY liked this episode

Think its by far the best of the season so far. Really got back to what family guy is all about and its good to see Quagmire again.

WellyJ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I thought it was the best episode of this series by far. Having all the other characters back was nice, it was a bit weird how none of them were in the first two episodes.

• Advertisement

Thought the episode was painfully unfunny, to be honest!!

Got scared at the slight dip last week, and a huge dip this week..!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

the hciken beui g bac was very very memorable i like dthis episod alllot

I thought it was not as good as the first 2. Still some funny bits though. I was kinda expecting this one to be like that though. I mean, out of every 3 episodes theres bound to be one sub-par one.

My favourite part was
    quagmire giving CPR, and him saying "What's CPR?". I hope they don't bring back the chicken again, unless its really short, and peter justs shoots him or something. The Bonnie Joke was great.

Hope they stop bringing back minor characters so much, in the future.

Blisterman wrote:
    I hope they don't bring back the chicken again, unless its really short
    Of course they'll bring him back.. we saw his talon twitching! :eek:

Blisterman wrote:
    I thought it was not as good as the first 2. Still some funny bits though. I was kinda expecting this one to be like that though. I mean, out of every 3 episodes theres bound to be one sub-par one.

My favourite part was
    quagmire giving CPR, and him saying "What's CPR?". I hope they don't bring back the chicken again, unless its really short, and peter justs shoots him or something. The Bonnie Joke was great.

Hope they stop bringing back minor characters so much, in the future.

I hope they DO keep bringing back minor characters. They have to build up the character base. I think some of the minor chracters are the funniest in the show, Greased up deaf guy, the paedophile old guy & that guy with red hair?? ETC

I mean the really minor characters, like the vaudeville guy.

Blisterman wrote:
    I mean the really minor characters, like the vaudeville guy.

Maybe they are on their way to becomming less minor characters?

But they're one joke concepts. The bartender, or the doctor aren't, and they should keep being in it. But the chicken and the greased up deaf guy, really dont have any point, being in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Thought this episode was the best so far, especially Quagmire, Rice Krispies, Star Wars and the chicken fight!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,243 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

I thought the second episode was good, not as good as the first but still top quality as far as modern TV goes.
    Anyway, this episode was pretty poo. Infact it was very sparse with its jokes, please dear God lets hope the resurrection of Family Guy wasn't a mistake, if it was I vow never to buy another DVD ever again*.
    American Dad this week was better, nowhere near Family Guy quality yet but still better episode v. episode.

* May not be true.

Advertisement