Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Simpsons

Options
  • 13-05-2005 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

yes or no?

the simpsons worthy? 34 votes

yes
    0%
    no
    100%
    ScarinaeJTManWaylanderwoosaysdanChad ghostalShevYOfflerCrocGodAstro1996pretty-in-pinkpenguinbloketbafunky penguinethercmcquaidmobvectorblobertHeadshotOYMr.Nice Guy 34 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Shit. I accidentally said nay. But I should say yay......sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

no
    Has to be yay even after the last few dire years I can never forget the classic series.....SOOO many funny moments :)

Marge: The plant called and said if you don't come in tomorrow don't bother coming in Monday.
    Homer: Woohoo! 4 day weekend.

Homer: Oh my god space aliens. Don't eat me I have I have a wife and kids, eat them!

Marge: It took 40 minute to locate Canada.
    Homer: Marge anyone can miss Canada all tucked away down there.

Homer: Here are your Messages: "You have thirty minutes to move your car." "You have ten minutes to move your car."
    "Your car has been impounded."
    "Your car has been crushed into a cube."
    "You have thirty minutes to move your cube."
    Phone Rings
    Homer: Hello?
    Mr. Burns: Is it about my cube?

Homer: Hello. My name is Mr. Burns. I believe you have a letter for me.
    Post office man: Ok Mr.Burns, uh, what's your first name?
    Homer: I don't know.

Smithers: I've got to find a replacement that wont outshine me. Perhaps if I search the employee evaluations for the word 'incompetent'. Seven hundred fourteen names! Huh, better be more specific. Lazy, clumsy, dimwitted, and monsterously ugly. (714 matches). Ah nuts to this I'll just go get Homer Simpson.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

no
    Yes it deserves it for the older episodes as the new episodes are sh*t. Some great moments in the older ones though. Like the reference to Planet of the Apes in the Space episode:

Homer: The only danger is if they send us to that terrible Planet of the Apes! Wait a minute...statue of liberty...that was our planet! YOU MANIACS! YOU BLEW IT UP! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL!

Definitely legendary.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i voted no.

can't we talk about them in the prime time cartoon forum or do you guys just want it to be know as a legend? if that's so that's tough one to call and they are turning out more crap than classics now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭OY

no
    Oh no! What have I done? I smashed open my little boy's piggy bank, and for what? A few measly cents, not even enough to buy one beer. Wait a minute, lemme count and make sure... not even close.

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover.

Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get.

YES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Marge: Homer will you pick bart up from soccer practice?
    Homer(watching wheel of fortune): I'm on my way.

classic

or this other one

Come to Homer's BBBQ
    the extra "b" is for B.Y.O.B.B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

no
    Whats that other B for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

no
    thats a typo...

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

no
    Simply for Homer, actually Homer should be a legend in his own right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

no
    Too many people believe the hype that it has lost its sparkle with the shít after series 7 crap but it's as good as ever which is proved by the amount of countries bying to get rights to screen it.Homer on is own is as big a legend as any "real" person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

no
    d22ontour wrote:
    Too many people believe the hype that it has lost its sparkle with the shít after series 7 crap but it's as good as ever which is proved by the amount of countries bying to get rights to screen it.Homer on is own is as big a legend as any "real" person.

Good as ever? Are we watching the same show? The Simpsons is crap right now. The only decent one they did in recent years was the British one. You can't compare the classic older episodes to the awful recent seasons like the episode where they go to live in the deep south in America and kill that crocodile (or was it an alligator?). That was one pice of sh*t episode.
    It's time they ended The Simpsons. In truth, it should have ended years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Too many bad episdoes ( and series ) from recent times made me say nay , a legend wouldn't have 1/3 of its episodes being crap .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭gulp

it is a legend show...yes the old ones are better but the newer ones are not that bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

gulp wrote:
    the newer ones are not that bad!

Yes they are , don't lie .

no
    gulp wrote:
    it is a legend show...yes the old ones are better but the newer ones are not that bad!

I agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

no
    Big Ears wrote:
    Too many bad episdoes ( and series ) from recent times made me say nay , a legend wouldn't have 1/3 of its episodes being crap .
    I think the original, early episodes more than make up for the bad episodes.

no
    This evenings new episode:

Marge: "Did you spend all our savings on a motor home!?!?"

Homer: "Nope! I spend all our savings on a down payment for a motor home!"

Marge and Homer sitting up in bed:

Homer: "Marge, don't worry. It's going to be a long time before I die!"

Marge: "Oh, I know th...."

Homer now has his neck stuck in the bedroom window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

no
    maybe just homer simpson for legend

Advertisement