Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excellent news for all us 'Arrested Development' fans!

Options
  • 13-05-2005 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Just keeping all ye AD fans up-to-date with the speculation on the amazing show's cancellation!

OK.. brace yourselves.. Kristen Veitch from E!Online posted the following in her weekly column. You can practically take her word as gospel. The woman is very in the know!
    Hallelujah! Arrested Development fans, brace yourselves. I have some good news and--well, you might want to sit down for this--some mind-blowing, earth-shattering, out-of-this-world, fantastic news.

Earlier this week, a friend here at E! interviewed Jason Bateman at a charity event with his good friend Ben Stiller. When asked the status of Arrested Development, he lit up like a banana stand: "Actually, great. Supergreat. There is a heartbeat. There is no flatline. And there may be twins. I'm going to let Kristin figure out what that means. I can't comment any further, but there will be an announcement next week."

After various calls to Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen, Pamela Anderson and Jennifer Garner's OB-GYN re "twins," I can tell you that Jason's little hint had nothing whatsoever to do with any of those things. And while there are 17 listings for a "J. Bateman" in the local Hollywood white pages, none of them know a damned thing about the fate of Arrested Development. But glory be, after much badgering and pestering, two rock-solid Fox sources, who have never failed me before, caved and gave me the lowdown.

Though they're still dotting I's and crossing T's on the final documents, I'm told Fox network and 20th Century Fox studio are "99.9 percent of the way there" to reaching an agreement on the new season. According to these highly placed sources, it looks very likely that Arrested Development will be coming back not only for a full season of 22 episodes but actually two full seasons of 22 episodes. How freaking fantastic is that?

At press time, I can tell you this is precisely where the show's fate stands. So, barring any last-minute switch-a-roonies or bad acts by Satan or Rupert Murdoch, we will get glorious "twin" seasons of the best damn comedy on TV.

According to these insiders, even though the ratings weren't exactly American Idol numbers, Fox's new prez, Peter Liguori, bless his perceptive little heart, has faith that the show will do well in a different time slot. He also wants to bring AD up to the magical episode number required for syndication and feels the show will do very well in repeats and also in DVD. Can I get a "Hell, yeah!"?.
    Well... it'd be an understatement to say "i'm very pleased" with that. "I'm ecstatic" would be more fitting!

2 seasons?!?! Excellent excellent news!! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

If this is true, then it is indeed a great day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definantly true, mate!

Kristen has rarely been wrong.. and Jason's quote says it all!

Can't wait for some new episodes!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

You know this goes some way to making up for the loss of 'Carnivale' - it's really been a week of good news/bad news for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

ye i read that,great stuff...i love her!lol i want her job,its such a cool job to have!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

today has now been marked as a national holiday hallelujah i am ****ing over the moon

• Advertisement

ixoy wrote:
    You know this goes some way to making up for the loss of 'Carnivale' - it's really been a week of good news/bad news for me!

Im still so annoyed by that,especially when I see Carnivale ads on Tg4...I just hate not knowing what happens after that cliffhanger :mad:

I was watching Carnivale last night, a tear in my eye as it finally hit me. Im never going to know how it all pans out.

I'll just have to console myself with seasons one and two on DVD, watching them over and over.

Heres a question for everyone. If you had to choose from a third season of Arrested Development or a third season of Carnivale, which would you choose?

Heres a question for everyone. If you had to choose from a third season of Arrested Development or a third season of Carnivale, which would you choose?
    Toughie!

I'm half way through the second season of Carnivale... and as excellent as it is, i'd still have to pick Arrested!

Arrested is the funniest comedy on TV right now.. and in a long time!

But a real tragedy about Carnivale all the same!

Id have to pick Carnivale...when you see the 2nd season finale you will know why.

I have to say Carnivale. Arrested is the funniest thing on TV at the moment but Carnivale has the potential to be something really special.

I think that Carnivale may come back at some stage in the future, maybe as a mini series just to try and bring some sort of conclusion to events.

• Advertisement

Well.. confirms it!! :D (http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/pr.cgi?id=20050516fox03)
    FOX DOES MORE TIME WITH "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT," ORDERING A FULL THIRD SEASON
    Released by FOX

FOX gets ARRESTED again. The network has ordered a third full season of the Emmy Award-winning comedy series ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT, it was announced today by Peter Liguori, President, Entertainment for Fox Broadcasting Company.

"ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is one of the best comedies on television. The decision to order another season becomes easy when you consider its amazing cast, creative brilliance, critical acclaim and advertiser appeal," said Liguori. "It's my first official pick-up since taking the job, and I think it's a great way to start."

The critically acclaimed series revolves around Michael Bluth (Jason Bateman), the good son who must run the family business and continue to pick up the pieces as he keeps his offbeat family from falling apart. The comedy has featured guest appearances by numerous stars including Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Liza Minnelli, Heather Graham and Ben Stiller. Last year, the show received five Emmy Awards for Outstanding Comedy Series, Writing, Directing, Casting and Editing. Additionally, Jason Bateman won a Golden Globe for Outstanding Actor in a Leading Role - Musical or Comedy Series and the show was nominated for two Golden Globe Awards for Outstanding Musical or Comedy Series. This past season, the cast was nominated for a SAG Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Comedy Series. The show was also named an AFI Program of the Year and received the Critics' Choice Award for Best Comedy, among other accolades.

ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT is produced by Imagine Television and 20th Century Fox Television. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, David Nevins and Mitch Hurwitz are executive producers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

All hail Fox television:

"You are watching Fox"

"We are watching Fox"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭Blisterman

And they brought back family guy. I take back all the nasty things I said about Rupert Murdock.

Advertisement