Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Met Pete Doherty!

• 13-05-2005 4:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭

Tall guy. He was about town today around lunch time. Anyone else spot him?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

He's supposed to be about 6 4" isn't he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I have tickets for tomorrow night, and i still don't know if i can go or not.

Grr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

He's supposed to be about 6 4" isn't he?

Whatever it is, he's frickin huge! I thought famous people were supposed to be smaller in real life?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Was he dealing or buying? :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

was talking to him here in trinity, he said the craic in ireland was great ( serriously)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Heh. Didn't know he was that tall. He looks small enough. Hope to be enjoying his set tonight...

Giblet wrote:

He seemed to have just been using actually!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Lol, I hope the Babyshambles album is as good as the libertines stuff or else i'll just be sad they broke up!

The last thing we need in music is more unfulfilled potential :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

If he's 6'4" then he's exactly twice the height of Bono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

a girl i know was selling happy heart badges and asked him to buy one but instead he just asked where the nearest supermarket was. she didn't know who he was until some randomer goes, dude, that was pete doherty.
    more importantly, is kate moss in dublin too?!?!?

• Advertisement

a girl i know was selling happy heart badges and asked him to buy one but instead he just asked where the nearest supermarket was. she didn't know who he was until some randomer goes, dude, that was pete doherty.
    more importantly, is kate moss in dublin too?!?!?

That's what I was doing! I gave him one of the hearts, but my friend stuck one on Patrick Walden's back, and he chased him!

Seriously, my friend's a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i was selling em, but only until like, half ten. i knew i should have picked the later shift

i was selling em, but only until like, half ten. i knew i should have picked the later shift

9:45 til 2:20.

Long day, but eventful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Giblet wrote:

OMG!!!1!eleven!

Someone call a moderator!

Rofl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

he said the craic in ireland was great ( serriously)
    cringe, with a name like doherty, i presume theres irish in him somewhere.

ferdi wrote:
    cringe, with a name like doherty, i presume theres irish in him somewhere.

Isn't the joke in the similarity between "craic" and "crack"? I was laughing...

Can't wait for tomorrow night. The Village was great. I only hope it won't be full of tabloid monkeys. All the weekend reviews in the papers are pissing me off 'cos they're all saying "Ooh, will Kate Moss be there?", "will he die onstage?" and all this ****e. I wish we could get back to the good old days.

I hear Shane McGowan may be duetting... Although, he's supposed to be in an awful state recently.

I feel like I'm missing out..all you guys seeing him around the town.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I hear Shane McGowan may be duetting... Although, he's supposed to be in an awful state recently.

He's not the most reliable person, I'd be surprised if he turns up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭Serbian

John2 wrote:
    He's not the most reliable person, I'd be surprised if he turns up.

In fairness, he hasn't done that for any of the Babyshambles gigs. On that note, if anyone wants to get another look at Pete Doherty they can pick up two tickets to see him tonight here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

qz wrote:
    I thought famous people were supposed to be smaller in real life?!

No, TV is the great equaliser. Tall people can look smaller than average. Short people can look taller.

The illusion (I have concluded) is due to head size.

We (the viewers) have a mental idea of how large a head should be (and we unconciously believe it to be one standard size for all people). Hense we determine the 'size' of the person by extrapolating relative to the head. Using this method a 6'4'' guy with a disproportionity large head will seem shorter than average and a 5'6'' guy with a disproportionity small head will seem taller than average.

Its only when we see these people in the flesh in 3d that we can make an accurate determination of height.

This theory of course could be complete codswollop on my part but I think it makes sense.

//

This (rather ghey) pix of the Doc would seem to support my theory. His head is indeed quite large in relation to his torso.
    http://www2.bunte.t-online.de/dyn/c/09/29/10/929108,pt=self,si=2.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

It's only Pete Doherty, who cares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

He's a bit of a waster really but a talented one. People love watching car crashes. I like the music though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭ronano

Moss was at the trinity ball last night so ya shes in dublin :P

Shane is coming down for the gig later

Now all i need is a ticket <\3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

qz wrote:
    That's what I was doing! I gave him one of the hearts, but my friend stuck one on Patrick Walden's back, and he chased him!

Seriously, my friend's a muppet.

Yes your frend is a big muppet.
    When will muppets learn people don't want hearts on their back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Franky Boy

PiE wrote:
    It's only Pete Doherty, who cares.

Exactly i agree with PIE he's not that great and his music is average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭Ozzy

He's a legend! We'll always have Sheffield Pete... we'll always have Sheffield.

****ing hilarious documentary :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

If I see him, I'm going to slap him for being a complete ****ing failure at everything, but worst of all music. That man is an insult to all the unsigned bands who can actually play their instruments, write non-crap lyrics and form songs that actually have a degree of talent and interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I like his music. Just because you don't doesn't mean you have to, well... say that ^^^.

Advertisement