Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any of these worth getting?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

linky not worky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

They've brought in the free shipping now so everything has upped in price. Not to worry don't think there was a good choice.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I presume you meant this promotion...

Only thing I've seen from there is Saw (not really worth owning, though the first hour looked promising) and bits of the Dead zone tv series (dire, avoid like plague and get the earlier version with Christopher Walken in it).

However, Epidemic is a Lars Von Trier film and having recently enjoyed a few of his works, I'd be tempted. (I was particularly impressed after watching the original version of Kingdom Hospital - far less glossy than the Stephen-King-On-Consultancy american remake, and all the better for it).

Fysh wrote:
    I presume you meant this promotion...

No they were listing their horror movies at cheapo prices, wasn't a promotion it was just their pricing. They had a lot of the older horror films starting at $2.50 CAD which works out at about a euro. They just introduced the free shipping which shoots their prices back up. Pain in the arshe cause I did'nt get my order in on time.

http://www.dvdsoon.com/search-results.xml?query-id=http://www.dvdsoon.com/queries/category-lookup&category=30&order=price&direction=ASC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Get The Experiment, and Brotherhood Of The Wolf. Both excellent films, although I'd certainly not consider the former Horror, not by any stretch of the imagination, but an absolutely excellent thriller.

I own both films myself, so no reason not to go for it. ;)

• Advertisement

Cheers I'll go for the experiment (already have brotherhood). Did order the Devils Backbone for about 3 euro because it was recommended in a couple of threads. Better be good or there will be hell to pay. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

garred wrote:
    Better be good or there will be hell to pay. ;)

No, we'll only deride you because of this.

Advertisement