Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fitzwilliam

Options
  • 12-05-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭

Just got back from the fitz freeroll there. There was way too many people playing at too few tables. So uncomfortable to play in. Dont think ill be going back there until upstairs is open again.

Dont get me wrong its not their fault but its no fun playing poker with 12 people to a table!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Upstairs still closed! The Pyramids took less time to throw up :) Was thinking of heading in for the scalps tonight, hope its a tad more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

rory I thought you were going on the beer.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

There was 2 tables upstairs for last fridays game. There was a function on on the landing though.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

First time at the freeroll in a long time last night. Agreed the upstairs being closed was bad. Had to go on a reserve list. A reserve list is fine for a good poker tournamant but for this outstanding example of the worst poker possible it's not worth waiting for. Unfortunately I did but by the break I just wanted to go home. Which I promptly did straight after the break.

Don't know how you hit the freerolls three times a week, rory - is your head not wrecked with the ultra-concentrated muppetry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Yeh I think the standard of play in there is getting even worse. There was actually a queue to play last night. so when you knocked one **** player out another one promptly takes his place. And it's only a matter of time before one of them lucks out on you.

Im surprised to hear myself (as i still consider myself somewhat of a 'beginner') saying that I actually prefer the bigger games. Its gets really annoying playing against people that dont know what they are doing.

Granted, it is really good that its getting more popular and that, and i have NO problem taking their money, but you just cant play the same game against them.

Ionapaul I might head down to that tonight. Havent played it yet it sounds pretty good. 50euro freezeout yeh?

Oh and podgeen i went out on this piss afterwards, got nicely ****ed and woke up on the couch this morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

was a bit crazy last night in the fitz - way too many players for the size of the place - and only five tickets at the end for all that work...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

roryc wrote:
    Ionapaul I might head down to that tonight. Havent played it yet it sounds pretty good. 50euro freezeout yeh?

Rory, the game tonight is 60euro to enter (5euro reg, 10euro for your scalp chip, and 45 euro to the prize pool), with one rebuy or top-up costing 50euro. So you're looking at 110 to pay. You might get away with not rebuying/topping up, but in my experience you'll always be spending the 110euro. Note that the game can sometimes be a bit crazy as well in the rebuy period, but generally it's a good game.

I am sure you would both enjoy and make a good account of yourself if you played tonight, rory. You played well in the three 'big' games over the past two months, which were of fairly high standard (well, apart from the table myself and Mike found ourselves on for the Mayday Masters...:)). But defo expect to spend the full €110.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭JuliusFranco

it's a pity about upstairs being closed but they are trying their best

• Advertisement
Advertisement