Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US: 'Exodus, Part 1' Promo! (*SPOILERS*)

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭

Looks goood!!!!!!!!!!

Download here!

Love the line from
    Danielle: "You have only three choices: run, hide... or die!" and then a cut to what sounds like Jack shouting "RUN!!!"

As well as the spine-chilling scream of "HELP ME!" from Claire at the end!

CANNOT WAIT!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Excellent... looks like we'll be getting into more action which we haven't really had since much of since Claire was kidnapped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Love the Rosseau line. There's an epic-looking shot of the raft launch as well.

So, do "The Others" live in the hatch, then? Walt doesn't want it opened, he even plans to go to get away from what's in there, Rosseau turns up and now The Others have arrived? Must be in the hatch.

Also, Hurley is standing over it, so he sees the numbers. The Entertainment Weekly article said Hurley's reaction to seeing the numbers was very important, so maybe he can use them to open it...

Action-wise, I'm all for lower-key character episodes if there can be a minor furthering of the main island plot without too much of a gap (unfortunately, that hasn't really happened since Locke and the light/the plane transmission.)

If the Others that Rosseau fears so much are in the hatch, we'll still know nothing about the 'We're the survivors...' people, or where they might be. What's the bet we don't get to see The Others at all? You just run from them, like the monster.

Claire should probably give Turnip Head a name before he's taken off her, cos it sounds like they're after her in particular.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I have a feeling that the naming of the final episodes - exedos - is a key. For most the term probably relates to the raft leaving the island but for me it seems to have more relavance to what 'exits' the hatch.

I dont think the 'others' are in the hatch. It was completely buried and no way Ethan came out of it. There may be an other exit linking it but that would mean the location of the hatch is relavent and it is about 4 to 5 miles from the survivors and nothing noticable in the surrounding area.

I think the hatch may have another part to play rather than being the home of the 'others'

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Droool

man that looks good, i get major flashbacks to babylon 5 when mira furlan says the others are coming, 3 choices run, hide, or..die can not wait

there we go no need for spoilers

Hyzepher wrote:
    I dont think the 'others' are in the hatch. It was completely buried and no way Ethan came out of it.

Good point. I'd forgotten about him.

The threat Walt wants to escape does seem connected to the hatch, though.
    Maybe it's the only place to do the second of Danielle's recommendations - hiding?

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote:
    I dont think the 'others' are in the hatch. It was completely buried and no way Ethan came out of it.

it wasnt completely burried, more covered over with dirt but i can see what you mean

just had a though

what if the "others" that rosseue (spelling) is talking about are not people?

might just be a random though because she says that the lostzilla isnt a monster, so maybe it has something to do with the others

doh.ie wrote:
    Action-wise, I'm all for lower-key character episodes if there can be a minor furthering of the main island plot without too much of a gap (unfortunately, that hasn't really happened since Locke and the light/the plane transmission.)
    I think a lot of people are forgetting that there has only been two episodes since Boone died (no point on spoiler tags... if you'rereading this without having seen the series it's yer own fault) so i don't really get this "there's been no action in ages" attitude. It just feels like there's been a huge gap because of that horrible wait we had to endure between episodes 20 and 21

From the looks of it it'll be all action next week

/me crosses fingers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Locke

We must see the "others" in exodus part I, Why else would jack-ass be runing away like that and clare screming?

Oh I think its a given that they 'see' something.

Also - the raft will play a big part in the plot of the final two episodes - something tells me that they are destined to 'crash' back on the islnad but on the far side or something and spend a number of next seasons episodes getting back to the rest - solving crime and having adventures on their way.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement

Hyzepher wrote:
    Oh I think its a given that they 'see' something.

Also - the raft will play a big part in the plot of the final two episodes - something tells me that they are destined to 'crash' back on the islnad but on the far side or something and spend a number of next seasons episodes getting back to the rest - solving crime and having adventures on their way.

Hyzepher

Your raft plot sounds good - I hope something like that does happen. The group on the raft could even find the 'We're the survivors'...

I think you're right. It *is* a given that *they* see something. But in the best tradition of the best horror moments on TV or in film, *we* may see little or nothing at all...

they might only hear the others coming, followed by trees falling in their direction, and they start running away

steveland? wrote:
    so i don't really get this "there's been no action in ages" attitude. It just feels like there's been a huge gap because of that horrible wait we had to endure between episodes 20 and 21

From the looks of it it'll be all action next week

/me crosses fingers

Yes, the ABC broadcast gap probably made the anticipation for new goings-on between 18 and 19 and then 20 and 21 worse than usual, and many were disappointed by the lack of developments island-wise when it returned both times. I think you're right, and it's fair to say there would have been less criticism in that regard had the show not been away for so long or continued to stretch out the hatch story even a tad after Locke and the light. What we ended up with, after that lengthy build-up, though, was endings like "I'm going to find John Locke" and "No more lies, you're going to take me to the hatch..." each of which promised (or suggested) immediate furthering of those plots.

I'm all in favour of stretching out an arc for a stronger impact, as I suspect we're about to receive, as long as the backstories are well thought-out and interesting (hasn't always been the case, though.)

But keeping the key plot developments for the final three episodes will probably make those three the most memorable of the season. Here's hoping, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

The San Francisco Chronicle write-up of the synopsis for the Exodus:

(** POSSIBLE SPOILERS BELOW **)
    "Lost" (Season finales: 8 p.m. Wednesday and 8 p.m. May 25 -- two hours! -- ABC):
    Is it cheating to have a three-hour finale spread out over two weeks? Well, there's a lot to answer on "Lost." This series has already killed off one cast member and is likely to see as many as two more die by the end of the second hour on the 25th. The promise is you'll be stunned. Oh, and the Big Bad is back (not the polar bear -- bigger).
    Awwww.... the big fuzzy Polar Bear ain't coming back?! :(

Will definantly be interesting to see this "Big Bad" they refer to?! I hope if it is a monster they don't resolve to really poor CGI etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

****, two? I doubt they mean two regulars.

Kazaanova wrote:
    ****, two? I doubt they mean two regulars.
    Very doubtful!..
    ..possibly one regular.. Michael or Jin... and maybe one of the characters which drifted in and out. Such as Mr. Artz or Rose.

KIll off Rose at your peril - I feel she has a lot to offer yet

Hyzepher

Hyzepher wrote:
    KIll off Rose at your peril - I feel she has a lot to offer yet

Hyzepher
    Seriously?... Not too sure, she appeared in the pilot and i thought she'd be a recurring role
    dealing with what happened to her husband
    ... but then disappeared into the background. She helped out Charlie
    when dealing with his guilt of Claire being taken by Ethan
    and can't really remember her popping up since, though she probably did!

Personally, i'd like to see more of Artz. Kinda cool, for the quick intro we got to him in 'Born To Run'

From what I know Mr Artz will become a regular in season 2 so it can't be him getting the chop
    I also doubt Rose will croack it cos her husband was in the tail section as she said, and she told Jack that's she's positive her husband is still alive... This indicated to me that if the tail section passengers are still alive she'll have a reason to appear more..

It's also a chance for the writers to have another island/psychic type connection (her and her husband)

I'm a Rose fan too - she has a lot more to offer to the show, though for casual fans, it would have been wiser to have used her between ep 12 and now, if she's to show up again. Lost has been weak - in places - in conveying the fact there are still 44 people on the island, not just a quarter of that. One of those mistakes is not including more of people we know like Rose (or Steve), even in the background.

But unfortunately, from a production perspective, including a person by name who is not just an extra, means they get a day's pay, and the production is already running over-budget on most episodes.

• Advertisement

I like the Steve character. It's funny to have a character you never see but always hear about.

Like Vera in Cheers :)

steveland? wrote:
    I like the Steve character. It's funny to have a character you never see but always hear about.

Like Vera in Cheers :)
    Didn't we see both Steve and Scott at some point.. then Scott was the one killed by Ethan? And Hurley kept getting them mixed up:

"Sorry i kept calling you Steve!" :D

I think the writers have been cleaver here. They have already stated that no one is immune from being killed off etc. The 'unknown' remainer of the cast gives them opportunity to breath new life into future series by introducing one of the fringe cast - like last week with Artz (sp?)

Hyzepher

Yeh that sounds familiar basquille, but maybe there is no Steve and he just keeps calling yer man "Steve"... but I could be wrong there

The sooner they kill Jack the better... that'd breathe some new life into the second series :)

steveland? wrote:
    Yeh that sounds familiar basquille, but maybe there is no Steve and he just keeps calling yer man "Steve"... but I could be wrong there
    Am pretty sure i saw both Scott and Steve at some point!

And i remember Charlie (or Sawyer) mixing them up also
    after Scott's death
    and Hurley corrected them!

basquille wrote:
    Am pretty sure i saw both Scott and Steve at some point!

And i remember Charlie (or Sawyer) mixing them up also
    after Scott's death
    and Hurley corrected them!

Yep, they were both in ep 7 when Charlie came running to get help for Jack, who had been trapped in the cave-in. Michael asked Scott to help, who said "I'm Steve" and then Scott got his only line ever and said, "I'm Scott!"

I saw some daft issue on another board over whether the right actor for Scott was the one seen to have died in ep 15, but due to Hurley's eulogy about Scott having worked for an internet company, and having won a two-week holiday to Oz, I think we can rightly assume only Steve is left now.

Damn.. I'd forgotten all these things... must have a Lost-marathon after the exams are over and before the finale...

Advertisement